The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » This just in..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Will Eefting
View Profile
New user
Southwest Michigan
93 Posts

Profile of Will Eefting
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 17:46, mrunge wrote:
Yes...Mark is curious too. Mark wonders why a thread starts out YELLING when one is just trying to make a point? Mark thinks an honest review about something might go a LOT further and generate more interest.

Hmmm...???

Will thinks that could work, anyone able to write such a review?
A Trick? Well yes there are quite a few "tricks" I can do, but alas there are women and children present. Find me later.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20026 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
As Danny thinks levitations are not that entertaining in the first place he can't write one.

But Danny thinks it is a good idea.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
But Dean has to interject that this third person speaking pleases Dean greatly!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Will Eefting
View Profile
New user
Southwest Michigan
93 Posts

Profile of Will Eefting
Yes, Will speaks like this all the time during performance, mostly to just to make people stare at him strangely.
A Trick? Well yes there are quite a few "tricks" I can do, but alas there are women and children present. Find me later.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Don't make Michael do The Jimmy from Seinfeld. Too late.
"Michael is getting upset!"

"Why would Michael write a review for the Café?"
Michael was not part of the 100 A.G.L. orders.

Will is on to something big and Michael would gladly pre-order Will's "Talking in the 3rd with your Magic."

Michael waits, and waits for a review.

magicmike30
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
ning
View Profile
New user
From Sunny Singapore!
89 Posts

Profile of ning
The actual review thread for the Anti-Grav Levitation aka AGL was totally deleted a few days ago Smile There were so many angry upset customers who were posting about it, I think you're the 2nd person who shared they liked it magicman02 Smile It would help if you spoke more about it in your review so you could share your thoughts about it with us. Have you tried taking it out to the streets yet?

Thanks,
ning
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Quote:
On 2006-08-20 06:01, ning wrote:
I think you're the 2nd person...

...shouldn't that be the third person, adamjames says. Smile
ning
View Profile
New user
From Sunny Singapore!
89 Posts

Profile of ning
Righty then, 3rd person Smile
ofrmagic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Hi ning welcome to the Café
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Lol at least some customers are happy with it ^^;
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
Aaron has decided to join in on the third-person talk.

Aaron feels that levitations are very much an "AS SEEN ON TV" kind of magic. He also feels that it might be wrong to try and bank on another person's popularity to try and get your own. It's like when Aaron tries to hang out with the cool kids. The cool kids never notice him and Aaron is always trying to be just like them. However, instead of appearing cool, Aaron appears insecure and unconfident in himself. He never gets to show people what he is REALLY about, which people will actually like him for. If they knew the real Aaron, they would come and hang out with him more.

In the same way, if all Aaron did was do magic that others performed on tv, his own style would not come out and all he would be is a Blaine wanna-be, as opposed to a magician. If all he did was popular magic, then there would be no gigs. Why go live when you can see it on TV

Aaron's Two-Cents
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17011 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-08-20 06:01, ning wrote:
The actual review thread for the Anti-Grav Levitation aka AGL was totally deleted a few days ago Smile There were so many angry upset customers who were posting about it, ning

Huh? Negative threads are deleted, and positive threads are retained....Wassup wit dat? ....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Scott was one of the first 100 to get the AGL, and he was sorely disappointed. The concept may be sound, but the materials provided and instructional material was certainly lacking. Scott wouldn't mind folks making even a 75% profit from a good idea, but this one cost them about $5 to send out the door, and out of all the posts Scott's seen here, only 3 seem to have been satisfied with it.

Next time Scott will wait to see a review here before he plunks down $100 for a yet-unseen effect.

3rd person out....
Magic in the Shadows
Will Eefting
View Profile
New user
Southwest Michigan
93 Posts

Profile of Will Eefting
It's official, Will has given up on levitation completely, because of the exceedingly high prices of said effects, and the fact that Will is only a musician and a magician, meaning Will is kind of broke all the time !

Will also agrees that the satisfaction percentage is not very good, meaning that this is a dud.

But that's just Will's opinion, you don't have to hold him to it.
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
376 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
Eric is surprised that, other than this thread and the numerous 'for sale' threads, this topic has died on the Café.
Eric read about it when it was just beginning to brew. Then Eric had work and was unable to follow all of the posts for many days. Eric was surprised when he came back and heard that all the threads had been deleted.

Eric would make a great juror if there were a trial held for the Anti-Grav Levitation.

Eric doesn't know what happened and can't find out since all the evidence has been deleted by the Café.

Eric would appreciate a "readers digest" summary of what happened and why all the threads were deleted.

Eric patiently waits....
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
248 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Oh NO! It's the dreaded Julius Caesar's "Talk about yourself in the third person" plague. I think I'm coming down with it.

John purchased this effect which a couple of Café members have dubbed "the levitation that shall not be named." John remembers reading the threads with many angry consumers. John thought there would be a lynching. John felt really dumb when his AGL arrived in the mail. John would rather forget about this and John thinks that some others preferred not to see so much concentrated hate in one thread. John laughs when he sees this part of the ad copy at HP -- "Package includes gimmick and manuscript." John does not think that a gimmick was included. John thinks that if someone does send you water, chicken broth, chicken, and noodles in a box that it is not the same as having someone send you chicken soup.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
So if it is a piece of crap - can you let others in on what it is - privately, of course Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » This just in..... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL