The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Effective Lapping...Hiding the Goods! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Let me add that when Slydini performed on stage or at a convention, he would drape the table so that you could not see his knees or his lap.

The servante in question is actually first described in Okito's book.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 19:51, blpprt wrote:
Greetings All,
Yes, I'm very familiar with Slydini...in fact, I have all his books and met him personally in the 70's in New York for a personal show in his apartment studio! Aren't I a lucky guy!?!
OK...let's get specific...One of my favorite effects is the Sucker Torn and Restored Napkin. I'm sure many of you know this one.
So...I've ditched the torn napkin in my lap and at the end have revealed two restored napkins.

Yes you are Lucky to have had a privet Slydini show!!!

But maybe you need to look at the presentation of your T&R napkin. I use this effect for kids all the time but they never end up looking for the pieces they always want to look at the restored napkin and see how the pieces are all fit back together.

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
KillerQ
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KillerQ
Hey,

It's simple, no matter how good the effect is executed, when sitting at a table, and something vanishes, people will always want to look under the table. To them it's logical. It's the same reason people say, it's in your sleeve, or in your pocket.... Don't sweat it!

later,

Matt!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have posted some info about this here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......37&0

Get your count up and you can read it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2822 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 19:51, blpprt wrote:
I've thought of the old, classic excuse to get some pixie dust out of my pocket to get rid of the torn up napkin but, in my mind, that's even more obvious than a poor lapping technique.

I've seen people completely fall for the magic dust in the pocket. You can believe it or not. I was left Smile . Smile
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Effective Lapping...Hiding the Goods! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL