The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Crazy Bike (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ploppyyed
View Profile
New user
England
2 Posts

Profile of Ploppyyed
Hey ive always loved the idea of busking, and have been intrested in the Crazy Bike?? for some time ( its kinda like a counter steering bike, turn left, wheels go right etc ), I was just wondering if anyone could fill me in on this with any infomation on how to make or buy the bike and if there is anyway to learn how to ride one, or is it just practice?, any info would be much appreciated.

Matt.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the café! You'll find all kinds of great advice here.

I would think one would learn to ride it by lots of practice in a big, open parking lot at the mall or someplace similar. That way you won't be running into anything, except maybe the light post!

As for buying one, hmmm...good question. You might contact a bike shop and ask if they could make one for you. The steering would use cables of some type and be rigged much like an outboard motor on a boat for steering.

You might also contact a couple of the larger traveling circus's customer or public relations department and ask if they might be able to guide you to someone. They are always using normal things in extraordinary ways and might have a suggestion for you to look into.

Good luck with your search. Keep us posted.

Mark. Smile
Ploppyyed
View Profile
New user
England
2 Posts

Profile of Ploppyyed
Thanks for the speedy reply and a warm welcome,

A couple of things I forgot to add are some questions to anyone who owns one of these little monsters,

What size bikes are best to use? and really what to ask about at the bike shop.

matt.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I'd ask the bike shop just what you asked here. Tell them your looking for a bike to either purchase, or have made, that has reverse steering, not the normal type, and what might they suggest.

You'll need to preface your question by telling them to "think outside the box." You might find that they are not used to questions outside the norm and may be slow to respond with anything other than "we don't have that!" Duh!!!

I know you'll find it sooner or later. Mark.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Crazy Bike (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL