The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » The American Museum of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3357 Posts

Profile of Julie
The Society of American Magicians is in the serious planning stages of a worldwide headquarters facility based in the U.S.A. Perhaps in the not too distant future the S.A.M. World Museum of Magic might become a reality?

Julie
Jim Klodzen
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Jim Klodzen
If I may say so, I think the museum is a wonderful place. Just this week I've done research for people on Brush, Hill, Fasola, Rock and Cecil. If this place was to have been scattered to the four corners of the earth, it would be very difficult for people to find such information. I believe museums are very important and to have one dedicated to magic, with the depth of magicians Bob had an interest in, is one of the best. With that said the place needs to be supported by magicians. Donations are always important whether it be funding or pieces to add to the collection. Bob used to have people send their promotional material to him to be filed in the many fileing cabinets. That has unfortunately stop. I hope to get magicians back doing that so. My goal is to make this "the" magic museum magicians come to visit and do research.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16948 Posts

Profile of joseph
Just went there for the first time yesterday and I have one word....GO....If you are in the neighborhood, do not pass this up.....Take a towel to wipe the drool off the floor....there are memorabilia here over 300 years old...What an experience to look back into magical history, all expertly explained by our tour guide, Betty......I highly recommend the Magic Museum in Marshall, Mi. ....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » The American Museum of Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL