The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Walking On Broken Glass For Dummies. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Oh...it gets worse, these self-help @ssholes make upwards to 700 bucks a person.

what they do is tell then that they can do anything they put their minds to and teach them carny stunts...even fire walks!

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
What a flaming load of $#!^!!
"The deeper the glass penetrates, the more stimulation you receive."
Yeah...It'll hurt more. I suppose that would be stimulating. Basically covering their bums so that when they screw up, they get thanked for it.

Can't wait until they try to help someone using sword through body.
"The more you hemorrhage, the more you heal!!!"
Gwyd
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I cut my foot during a show the other week. It wasn't as stimulating as I thought is was going to be Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
http://www.lifeevents.org wrote:

Will I get cut by walking barefoot on glass?

This is certainly a possibility. We find that indentations indicate attention required at a specific spot on the body (i.e. a large indentation below the big toe would indicate a neck problem). When people do receive cuts, the blood is often dark red. Diana says the glass acts as a magnet to pull impurities out of the body (kind of like psychic surgery).

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I'm speechless.

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
This just makes me realize more and more that we really need to thin out the hurd of humanity.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I didn't know that "sleeping on broken glass cures paralysis"

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Oh, how quaint, those people from foreign parts...

In "Net of Magic" (which should be required reading), Lee Siegel quotes a young magician, with whom he conversed, while watching a troupe that made a living doing self-mutilation rituals, that ostensibly took onto themselves, the sufferings of the people who hired them.

"The difference between conjuring and real magic is that the real magician suffers. The conjurer simply imitates, through false means, without suffering, what the real magician actually does."

I think it's so interesting that in an age of disillusionment (as we in the West currently have), we who do these things, still have much of the power we ever had. We're just not shamans.

This glasswalking thing seems to be Thai. They have very different beliefs there, about the way much of the world works. Shamanism isn't just a thing in which to take classes, to relieve the boredom of life.

Health benefits? I'd bet it doesn't cure all the things that are being claimed, but it actually would have the same benefit as sleeping on bed of nails, or a deep-muscle massage.

Do I like it that somebody is teaching this, in this manner? No. But the real product is a change in the dream-of-self, that happens to the participants. And that can sell in any culture. Look at how much money Tony Robbins has made, doing that.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
But to say it Cures aliments....

"can heal heart related ailments, kidney problems, nervous system ailments and paralysis."

... reminds me of how "personal massagers" were marketed to cure everything from baldness to hysteria.

Sure the bleeding that occurs will pull out all the "evil" demons that are making you sick!! You gotta love Pseudoscience.
/sarcasm off
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Pseudoscience birthed real science.
[I think]
;)

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The Ignorant as Prey. So what's new.

Psuedo Science was when a dork on the shore saw a lump in the middle of a lake and proclaimed it a sign from above.

Science was when a non-dork swam out and stood upon the lump revaling it as just a rock.

Too late...the rest of the group was busy paying the dork to tell them how the twinkles in the night sky were fire flies but would'nt bite if they would put meat in his hovel.

The non-dork guy on the rock was busy noticing that the 'fire flies' formed unchanging patterns and influenced by the dork's lucrative reasoning became the first astrologer.

Thus science was delayed a bit.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-08-09 14:24, Sylver Fyre wrote:
reminds me of how "personal massagers" were marketed to cure everything from baldness to hysteria.

I love those ads that show women using a "personal massager" to get the kinks out of their shoulder muscles Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Why do we use wine (or champagne) bottles?

The juice of grapes are like tears form Earth. The bottles are cleaned and heated for 30 minutes to sterilize and physically clean the glass. But an individual bottle also holds the energy of those that made the bottle, those that handled it and those that drank the wine. We must use energy from our hands to spiritual clean each bottle. When use energy from the element fire for this purpose.

;) Smile

In their defence, this is an amazing source of patter!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's a line of sh*t, but it's really GOOD sh*t.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Whenever I perform in China people automatically assume that I am using some sort of Chi, or other body energy to perform glass stunts. I have had quite a few people come up tp me after shows there and tell me that they were surprised that a westerner could harness these energies. After I started incorperating this into the patter and presentation the audience response to the routine shot up. This stuff can work for the right audience.

"But an individual bottle also holds the energy of those that made the bottle, those that handled it and those that drank the wine."

Harnessing the spiritual energy of drunken students and underpaid shop staff. Nice Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
What the H**L is Mr. Johnson so angry about? I think you and Freak Prodigy are just jealous.

20 years ago who knew that people were going to put a clear liquid available on tap and for free in a bottle and charge? Gotta love it. This website, and Evian shows that:

There is one born every minute and you two guys gotta get a better patter so you can charge $850.

Me? I am working on charging for this new exciting thing that you breathe, called "air". After that project gets off the ground I am working on figuring out how I can charge people for moving their bowels and scratching themselves.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Let's see. These folks are NOT selling glass-walking. They're selling relief of symptoms, that a lot of people have...a dream of health.

Preparation H has been around for a long time, so its marketing is, apparantly, successful. Flax seed has been around for a long time, but it's currently considered as "alternative". About the only verifiable claim for taking mega-doses of vitamin C, is that it encourages bowels to move.

So, we need a catchy name, the right colors for the advertising (label and print), and a picture of somebody who looks as if they might be a bit uncomfortable, but you can't really be sure. And three products, so you, the consumer, have maximum choices:
-a one-a-day pill, to be taken orally
-an "emergencies only" gel-cap, for use at the other end
-a soothing cream, for those embarassing discomforts

The main ingredients? Vitamin C. Except for purity in manufacturing, it's still unregulated, so making claims about it, is something that doesn't require solid research to back it up.

Have trouble swallowing this discussion? You just need a bottle of Natural Aqueous Solution, to wash it down...all natural, as pure as it gets...

OR, you could use the premise to sell tickets to your shows...How many of us have used the "Take your seats now, but you'll only need the edge" approach? A lot, I think.

I'm not a big television watcher, but I've seen an ad for "Head On". The ad says nothing about what the product does. It just says "Head On, Apply Directly to the Forehead", over and over, and over. And they make it look as if the ad is run back to back with itself. SO the audience gets a particular message. What's the message?

The person in the ad, applying the stuff to her forehead, looks as if she may have a headache. Since she doesn't speak, we don't really know.

So the benefit of this product, is a perception of relief. I bet the thing sells.

What's in it? Who knows? It could be only Natural Aqueous Solution, and it wouldn't matter, because they make no claims. They just can't fill the the containers with caustic solutions, because that WOULD set them up for product liability lawsuits.

In your advertising, what's the benefit that your buyers will perceive comes to them, for using YOUR services?

BTW, I used to do a medicine show, with some friends. I may still have some bottles of Dr. Phelonius P. Malarkey's Natural Aqueous Solution available. Good for what ails ya.

www.bladewalker.com
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Beware of the holy staplegun then.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I don't know about anybodye else's staplegun. Mine is an advertisement for being polite.

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Walking On Broken Glass For Dummies. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL