The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Mental Deflect & Downfall (Reviews) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Title: Mental Deflect
Format: Ebook
Pages: 5
Price: $15
File Size: 132KB
Written by: Peter Duffie
Available from: http://www.peterduffie.com

Reviews:
----------

"Mental Deflect", this is Peter's excellent latest packet card trick ebook. This effect inspired by John Bannon's Twisted Sisters.

There are 5 pages and fully illustrated with colour photos.

I always love packet card trick simply because it can be carried in wallet, flexible etc. And this effect immediately added to my repetoire simply because the nature of this effect is very powerful which I believe in the ending part and it's very easy to perform. There is only one card move involved in this packet trick ebook.

What you need is just create a suitable patter (if you wish) and concentrate the presentation of this effect. Peter provided the patter as well. If you like card trick conjunction with mentalism, I believe you will simply love this packet trick.

This ebook is on sales now and I understood that purchasing this ebook would get another free ebook, "Downfall" which I think the price is a "steal". The reason simply because "Downfall" is an excellent packet trick which based on Roy Walton's Cascade effect.

For those who familiar with Walton's packet trick Cascade, I believe you will have the urge to find out Peter's handling in this effect. Peter's handling in "Downfall" is just awesome and the cards can be examined at the end of the trick.

For Downfall, in this effect, there are certain card moves required and Peter had explained everything in great detail with the aid of colour photos showing the handlings.

All in all, I highly recommended that you purchase Peter's Mental Deflect and at the same time, you will get Downfall for free.

If you are looking great piece of card magic without using any complicated card sleights, Mental Deflect is for you. For those of you that love great card magic, I am sure you will love Downfall effect as well.

Cheers,
Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks for the review, Andrew. I am ordering this today. Mental Deflect looks to be a very nice variation of Twisted Sisters. What I like about it is that different things can happen to the cards. In other words, it's not necessarily both cards are reversed. I think it makes the effect potentially more interesting.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

I think Mental Deflect is excellent. This may not be for everyone, but as a restaurant worker, I think I will be using this a lot.

Why? Well, I love Twisted Sisters. But I almost never perform it when table hopping because reset is a bit of work. The cards have to be oriented in a very specific way and, for me at least, it takes a bit of time to do this.

What makes Mental Deflect so great is that you can reset it right in front of the spectators. There's no fussing with the cards. Granted, you do lose the contrasting backs with Mental Deflect. However, this is a small loss for what you gain in practicality.

Plus, the cards can be revealed in different ways depending on which cards they choose (sometimes the card is face down on top of the pile, sometimes it's face up in the pile). I personally see this as a strength of the effect as it adds variety and can even be used to the magician's advantage to make the effect even stronger. For example, if the magician says he will make the card they mentally selected appear on top of the pile and then shows it has... Well, maybe that's not SO amazing. But then when he shows that it's the ONLY ace in the pile and all the other cards are blank... that's pretty darn amazing! It gives the effect a nice build.

Overall, I really like this trick. Downfall, the bonus effect is pretty great, too. It's a variation of Roy Walton's Cascade which eliminates the need to ditch one of the cards. This should play very well for lay people.

Highly Recommended.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
I'm wondering what you need to perform this trick as it it sold as a downloadable PDF-document.

Seeing the clip I think you need some gaffed cards and some blanks. If the tricks uses the gaffed cards I think it does, it is very weak that you can't see the backs of the aces, so I hope I'm wrong.

Frans
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

The gimmicks are easy to make. And I've pmed you about the gaff issue. I personally don't see it as an issue because I believe the routine takes care of it in a clever way.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Quote:
On 2006-08-12 10:24, cfrancis wrote:
The gimmicks are easy to make. And I've pmed you about the gaff issue. I personally don't see it as an issue because I believe the routine takes care of it in a clever way.

Yes, I too don't see any issue with it. I showed to my friends last night which I was really enjoyed, none of them asking me questions but if you want to clear their mind, perhaps you may use other way of covering things up. Smile

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
702 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
As far as the blank card issue goes, I use Jokers rather than blanks. I find it it throws off the idea of ‘special’ cards.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

I like using the blanks as I like the idea that the spectator's printed the aces with their imaginations. But Jokers would work jsut as well with a different presentation.

I used this as an opener last night at the majority of tables at my restaurant gig. It got amazing reactions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Mental Deflect & Downfall (Reviews) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL