The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Introduction of a fire breather (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Figurehead
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Figurehead
Hi all. I wanted to introduce myself here, since this is the forum I would most likely post in. I am Figurehead and I am a professional fire breather/fire eater of 22 plus years. I also do other magic, but these two are my forte.

In 22 plus years of doing this, I find I am one of the very few that can honestly say I have never been burned, have never had any accident of any kind, and have actually been able to make a little money in the process.

Yes, I have read several posts on here in regards to fire breathing and eating (breathing in particular) and have to agree with what the majority of the folks say about it. It is incredibly dangerous, and no one should ever attempt it without being properly trained by a professional.

There is one fire breather with videos online called the Pyromancer. Much of our performances are very much alike, down to the fact that we both have our heads shaved. lol! There are only 2 things in his routines that differ from mine, one being his flaming hat (which I personally do not care for or wish to attempt), and another where he holds a small lit torch in his lips with the fluid in his mouth which he then spits the torch out of his mouth the same time he spits the fluid. Although I would like to work on this, I simply think it is too dangerous for the audience. Here you are not only breathing fire, but spitting a small lit torch potentially into your audience, which simply stating is not a good thing.

I am attempting to put up a link with some of my fire breathing pictures. Please feel free to tell me what you think of them. I look forward to your replies. Below is the address to see my pictures.

pg.photos.yahoo.com
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Pics look great especially the upward mushroom style burst!

keep it up!
Figurehead
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Figurehead
Thanks! I'll post some more pics when I get a chance. I'm really trying to read as much as I can on this forum trying to figure out some new gimmicks I can use to really spice up my routine.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Echoing MopKrayz here...

Great pics Figurehead! Looks like you have a great technique...I've been eating and breathing for almost 14 years now myself...I've had a few unfortunate accidents, mainly due to wind shifts, but nothing serious...Thank God.

Keep up the great work pal...Loved your ink (tattoos) as well!

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Echoing MopKrayz here...

Great pics Figurehead! Looks like you have a great technique...I've been eating and breathing for almost 14 years now myself...I've had a few unfortunate accidents, mainly due to wind shifts, but nothing serious...Thank God.

Keep up the great work pal...Loved your ink (tattoos) as well!

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
Figurehead
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Figurehead
Thank you very much. I think one of the main reasons I have been so fortunate to have never suffered any mishaps is because the very first thing my instructer taught me was that I ALWAYS had to be in complete controll. This meant that if I didn't feel the situation was safe, I didn't do it. PERIOD. I have been on several jobs and photo shoots where the person "in charge" wanted me to breath fire on cue, and due to wind changes, people in unsafe areas, safety measures not proper, I have refused to do it. They get upset and demand, until I tell them that it will surely cost them more money if there is an accident of ANY KIND as apposed to waiting till the time and circumstances are correct for me to do it. Would they rather pay a little bit more for a few minutes delay, or a TON more for an accident that could be prevented easily? Funny, they seem to come around nicely when it is presented to them that way.

Ahhh the tattoos... Luckily my very best friend-almost a little sister is a professional tattooist, so I get great work for free. It fortunately adds to my performance as well. Her boyfriend has become my first pupil. He has asked me to teach him, and at first I refused outright, however she told me that she had apprenticed him to tattoo and that he followed directions to a "T", never asked "why", and understood fully that he would never tattoo until she was 100% CERTAIN that he was ready. I asked him if he would do the same while learning fire breathing. He promised he would.

He has been practicing spiting water for me for a month now. He has been nowhere around fire and won't be for quite some time. After I can get 100 perfect water spits from him, he will do another 100. Then if he is lucky he will learn how to to make his own torches, learn how to handle them UNLIT while spitting water, graduate to spitting water with the torch lit, then back to learning how to spit the fluid with an UNLIT torch.... then, MAYBE then I will take him to the next level. So far he seems to not be in any rush. A big plus for him. If he were to get antsy and want to move faster, he'd be all done.

ONCE AGAIN THO.... I strongly advise that no one even consider doing this UNLESS properly trained. I have been doing this professionaly for over 22 years and this is my VERY FIRST pupil. That shows you how serious I am.

BTW, I have been checking out several differnt gimmics here that I am thinking of incorperating into my routine. I think a nice "spontaniously combusting" torch would be a pretty cool addition, as well as a few other ideas. I may not post alot, but I sure do read and retain alot. Great message board everyone!
Figurehead
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Figurehead
Oh, by the way... here is Pyromancers site (I hope by linking it I am not breaking any forum rules). Again, his act is VERY simular to mine with the exception of a few things he does that I feel are too dangerous to ever consider doing. The 3rd movie down is basicaly the same routine I do.

http://www.pyromancer.nl/
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

If you know this guy, then please...

Pass along my DEEP admiration and respect...

He is, hands down, one of the best I've ever seen...

Period.

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
Figurehead
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Figurehead
He is THE BEST I have ever seen. I haven't met him ..... YET. Then only things I don't care for in his routine are the fire hat (too dangerous in my opinion) and the spitting the little torch (safety for others). Other than that, I would have to humbly say that we are evenly comperable. My longest "sustane" (breathing the fire lit only by the flame of the fireball itself) is 12 seconds, achieved by walking backwards. I'll take the compliment towards myself also then. lol.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

If you can do the stunt, the by all means, compliment earned pal!

Prof. Piper

P.S....you have an videos to enjoy?
Figurehead
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Figurehead
Yeah, If I could ever figure out how to put them online I would. lol. As my new beautiful wife (as opposed to the old ugly mean one I divorced) says, I'm a "Comptard".

I'm just outside of Las Vegas and our photographer wants to do a shoot infront of the famous "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign with me in a white tux breathing fire. Don't know what he wants it for tho... I know it's not commisioned. Maybe he wants it for himself. But if the pay is right, I'll do it.
Figurehead
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Figurehead
OK, this jsut came to me today, and I wonder if it's possible...

I have one of the OLD flash paper shooter gimmics (it's so old it uses roll caps and a mouse trap type trigger) and it gave me the idea.

Instead of a traditional torch, have a staff rigged the same way that shoots a small fire ball of flash paper about 3 feet into the air and time the spit just right that it seemingly ignites spontaniously. Stop the staff to thr ground and spit, Whallah, fire ball with no fire before or after. Guess I got some testing to do. I wonder how big and long of a flash paper burn I need to pull this off.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Great pics - congratulations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Introduction of a fire breather (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL