The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » ON VACATION (from writing) until Sep. 01...................Here's my magical week in the meantime.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hi All,

Just for kicks, I thought I'd give you a look into a week of my Magical Life:

1) Took a look at my website to see if anything needs changing (lots!).
2) Received Penn & Teller's How to Play With your Food (bought it on a whim.)
3) Met up with the V7 and went over some ideas (I've got both good and bad ones!)
4) Waited anxiously by my door for my 'Zibit.
5) Practiced various card sleights to desperately catch up with Shaunus who's a genius.
6) Finally got a chance to talk with Sean Fields (A super nice guy!)
7) Sent Shawn Farquhar a congratulatory e-mail for his FISM placings (Awesome job!)
8) Went over to Tony's Magic on Vancouver Island (ended up buying Billy McComb's Gypsy Thread and 2 18" red silks)
9) Read a couple chapters of The Illustrated History of Magic by Milbourne Christopher.
10) Sent and replied to 12 PM's here on the Café regarding various topics.
11) Talked to designer twice regarding Fall Advertising.
12) Spent approx. 2 hours a night here on the Café going over every topic possible and looking/researching potential Magic Friday Effects.
13) Placed 2 orders from online magic shops totalling $73.89.
14) Reviewed Magic Friday List and practiced 1-2 hours a night (sometimes while reading the Café) of future effects.
15) Watched various parts of Richard Osterlind's MM #3 and Bill Malone's On The Loose #2.
16) I've been writing, rewriting, and rewriting, my new 45 min. stage show while at work. I've got a test run on Sep.30 so this is top priority (I'm accepting all illusion donations and stage advice at this point Smile ).
17) I seem to perform 3-5 magic tricks a day (outside of Magic Friday) on a daily basis. The Ring Thing seems to have become my favourite impromtu effect with a ring appearance that (I think) I created.
18) Talked to the printer for advertising quote.
19) Worked a 40 hour week at my regular gig (I'm only on vacation from writing even though I seem to be, well, writing, lol, and spent some quality time with my wonderful wife.
20) Read the latest MAGIC magazine
21) A whole bunch of other stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting.
22) Whew!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » ON VACATION (from writing) until Sep. 01...................Here's my magical week in the meantime.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL