The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » I've created a monster (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I went busking at the Fringe tonight. I took my family with me. My 9 year old son stayed with me the whole time and performed a couple of tricks that I taught him earlier today. He LOVED it! he did not want to leave. He wants to go back tomorrow after a birthday party he's invited to. When I tucked him in he was telling me how much he enjoyed it and that this was a special time we could have together. Wow. He made $20.00. That is pretty good for a 9 year old the first time out doing things he learned that afternoon.

FYI, in case anyone cares, he did a coil and ring routine, (he can take a ring off a coil but the spec can't), Color Vision, and a simple card trick he learned at church.

He's so cute the way he can't stop talking about it.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember a magician here in RI who was doing a restaurant show. He had his son do a C&R rope routine. He said his tips went up at least 75% when the kid performed. (Sadly, the one time I got to the restaurant, he wasn't performing and it's since closed.)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2006-08-12 12:12, mandrake01 wrote:
I remember a magician here in RI who was doing a restaurant show. He had his son do a C&R rope routine. He said his tips went up at least 75% when the kid performed. (Sadly, the one time I got to the restaurant, he wasn't performing and it's since closed.)


Sounds like he should have kept the kid in the act. Smile

My son performs with me during his summer vacation at a variety of family-friendly venues. We also do a trick I learned from Bruce Kalver called, "Serial Killer". He gets full credit for the performance which is very cool. I've seen him really nail adults with it, too.

In keeping with the street theme of this thread, I should also mention that he has worked a sidewalk show or two with me. He does a fairly commendable 3-Card Monte, too. Not long ago told me how he fooled some kids at school with it. Knowing that he isn't supposed to have cards at school, I started to reprimand him... "He said, "I didn't have cards. I used our school ID's"

~michael (proud poppa!)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2006-08-12 20:23, Michael Baker wrote:
In keeping with the street theme of this thread, I should also mention that he has worked a sidewalk show or two with me. He does a fairly commendable 3-Card Monte, too.

He does have a nice 3 card routine. He must have had one of the best throwers in history teach him.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2006-08-12 20:38, Jim Wilder wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-12 20:23, Michael Baker wrote:
In keeping with the street theme of this thread, I should also mention that he has worked a sidewalk show or two with me. He does a fairly commendable 3-Card Monte, too.

He does have a nice 3 card routine. He must have had one of the best throwers in history teach him.


Yeah... He said to tell you Joseph something, I think... Smile

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I saw Michael and his son do "Serial Killer" at SEAM. WOW!

Good stuff, and a great kid!

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » I've created a monster (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL