The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Flourishes and False Shuffles with Jumbos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Hey guys, I just recently have been thinking, (ok..ok.. I'll quit because my head is smokin') Smile that I haven't seen a whole lot in the Jumbo genre. Do you all have any ideas for false shuffles, cuts, and flourishes for jumbos?

Let's see who's the most creative.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
The following flourishes can all be done with jumbos:

Arm spreads, one handed fans, giant double tier fan, rolo-deck, springing, (sideways) waterfall, (sideways) fan change. (wave fan in front of card and it changes) I'm sure other flourishes will work too.

As far as sleights: Instantaneous double lift and snap double, top change, many false cuts, push thru shuffle, elmsley counts, convincing controls, and many other sleights. Some need to be worked sideways, others need to be "modified" slightly. For example using some clever thinking can allow jumbos to be palmed.

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Right Joe, I understand that just about anything that can be imagined can be done. I am one, whom, whenever I hear the word never, sets out to prove it wrong.

I'll be a bit more specific, I am looking for a good source, ideas, or other that can be lended to a story deck (such as Sam the Bellhop) using jumbos. So the false cuts and shuffles need to take place on the table if possible.

I checked with my local magic retailer, and he thought I was crazy and told me it would "never" happen. Thus my topic was started. I know that someone here has good source, whether it is a book, or a video, or just plain an idea. I have a few of my own, and at a later time I will share them.

Thanks for your reply Joe.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Flourishes and False Shuffles with Jumbos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL