The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Best Levitation routine one can use...please comment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Which levitation trick or illusion do you recommend as easy, effective and really REAL looking?

Ellen
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
There are literally dozens of discussions on this topic on the Café. Just do a search on levitation and you'll get hundreds of results.

To sum it up, everyone has their own preference and their own reasons why the one they like is better than the rest. You should just look into them and see which one you like best and which one is practical for you. Smile
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
wiggys
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of wiggys
If card magic is your bag the ghost deck is pretty amazing (and you can make a card rise even when it's contained within the confines of a glass to prove you're not touching it).
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Super-X will be best.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
In "Ahead of the Pack," Lewis Jones and Jack Avis write:

Q: How long does it take to do a convincing levitation?
A: Nobody knows.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Maybe not convincing, but how about entertaining? What types of levitation get great reactions?

I saw a magician do the folding chair suspension. He brought up a spectator from the audience to be his assistant. It played very well.
Magic is fun!!!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Ashra.
Grandpa Kadabra
View Profile
New user
Utah
9 Posts

Profile of Grandpa Kadabra
ººº ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ººº
For some reason, when I read your question, I didn't even think about levitating cards, other objects or another person. All I thought of was levitating yourself. If that's what you want to do, I'd say nothing can beat the King Rising.........if you like one that doesn't cost a fortune and can be done impromptu, with no gimmick. It's somewhat angle sensitive, so you only usually do it for 2 or 3 people at a time.

ººº ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ººº
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
There are alot of different levitations out there, when it comes to levetating yourself, l do think l would wait for the release of The Elevator by Peter Loughran, it does look very cool, so if you are interested check out the good, the bad and the garbage topic on this Elevator..
-e- Smile
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
kpkilburn
View Profile
New user
Ft. Bragg, NC
23 Posts

Profile of kpkilburn
It's not a specific levitation, but Steve Fearson's Thread Head video has some really nice techniques for IT. (Poor man's IT reel).

There's one routine in it where you borrow a ring and make it float. The ending is especially nice because you float it into the spectator's hand! They can then close their hand immediately. You walk away clean.
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
For close-up, seemingly impromptu floating of a borrowed bill or napkin using Jon LeClair's method as explained in his book "The Art of Invisible Thread" or his video, "Who's Afraid of Invisible Thread".

Bill Beach
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
The only hook up I use yet, is the Jon Le Clair one. It is easy to set up, you can have on you for some time, if you are careful, and it is easy to work with. I am going to continue exploring some more hook ups now. I like IT a lot and they say I am good at it.

Ivan
PS: I saw a spider doing a self levitation with IT Smile
Yours,

Ivan
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
You need, "The Encyclopedia Of Suspentions And Levitations", edited by Bruce Armstrong.
Full of great stuff!!
Ted (Leondo)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Best Levitation routine one can use...please comment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL