The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Harvey Rosenthals Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Hello

I recently aquired a set of Harvey Rosenthals notes available on his website.

Namely

Close up sample 1 and 2
Melt thru
One man trapdooor issue

I can say that the material is all highly original and top class! They contain a lot more coin work than I expected, all excellent. Of particular note are

Ambitious Delight - a very nicely constructed ambitous card routine from one of the close up samplers, I forget which.

Travelling Break - an ingenious method of holding a break in the deck as you turn it end for end. Very nice!

Pop up move - probably the best method for securing a break below the top card ever devised!

Overload move - Takes Vernons strip out addition to a whole new level.

The melt thru booklet is very interesting. It details a single routine where a ring repeatedly melts off a piece of string. Extremely well constructed and thought out.

Worth getting them all!

:light: Smile Smile Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I concur. I have the two "samplers" and they are uniformly excellent--well written, clearly explained, strong magic by an original thinker.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I used to see Harvey at Al's magic many years ago when I worked in DC and in his hands, coin magic seems effortless. He has fairly large hands, yet he would still vanish coins like nickels and Pennies !!

His card work wasn't bad either.

Once upon a time Richard Kaufman was supposedly publishing a book of Harvey's coin magic and one of his card magic but I don't believe anything really came to pass.
ME
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Harveys got a large hardback book coming out sometime next year. Smile

I'll be buying a copy Smile

Euan
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I've been hearing that a large hardbound volume book of Harvey's material is "coming soon" for years. I hope this time it'e true, because I love his stuff and would buy it without hesitation, regardless of price!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
JChristensen
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
71 Posts

Profile of JChristensen
His notes, one of the Samplers, led me to develop a no-get-ready, snap-over double lift that has served me well for over 20 years. Other magicians don't believe I'm doing a double. It's also possible to do no-get-ready triples using the same riffle-up technique. I practice by going through the deck doing doubles, then go through doing triples.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Does anyone know who is publishing Harvey's book?
ME
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
What is the address for his site? For years I used his moving hole effect which is really good and overlooked by many.

Tim Trono
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Tim,

His website is:

http://harveyrosenthal.com/hr/
ME
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Harvey Rosenthals Notes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL