The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hells kitchen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
294 Posts

Profile of Dirko
Who watched the finale and what did you think?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5352 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I predicted that Heather would win after watching the first episode. I only watched the opening show and finale. I love being right and won some bucks from the bets I put on the outcome. I don’t generally like “reality” shows because I don’t enjoy watching people being humiliated, embarrassed, or put down with a slam. I’ve seen Gordon Ramsey at work once on his BBC show (heavy use of abusive language, not my cuppa).

The Finale was OK, fun to watch and the outcome was in question until that door opened. I doubt if I’ll watch another. It is sort of been there, done that, and don’t have time for something as passive as TV.
Heck if it had not been on at the venue I was visiting when I saw the first episode I would not have watched it at all. But it was on and money bets were made and thus the finale was a must see.

In truth, I'd like to see how Heather fairs running a high profile restaurant a year later. A follow-up show is what I’m looking for! Frankly, I wondered it either of the two final contestants has what it takes to run a restaurant. Being a good cook isn’t the same thing as being a good business manager.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Not a bad show, but I too would like to see a follow up in a few months.

Overall, I much prefer Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Real businesses with real world problems and solutions. Plus, he goes back to see how they are getting on...
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I've given up on this show and "American Chopper". I enjoy cooking a great deal and also enjoy custom motorcycles. So I initially thought these two shows great until the shouting drama got to me. In American Chopper you have Paul Jr. and Sr. having tantrums and arguing until one leaves the shop and I got to the point where I was shouting, "Get over it and make the dern bike!”

The Hells Kitchen show also got on my nerves after a while. I know the serious kitchen in a four star restaurant is no playground and these cooks mean business. I know what it's like to work for a hellraiser and am not afraid to do so but when I tune into a cooking show, this is not my idea of a nice time. I know these industries are no bed of roses but I just want to watch someone build the bike and cook a great meal while keeping their drama and miserable selves to themselves and behind closed doors.

Failed by television, yet again, I return others to their regularly scheduled mindless moments.

Now that I think of it, sorta miss Julia.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
To watch someone on the TV cooking, you can't beat Barefoot Contessa, Bobby Flay, Michael Chiarello, and Mario Batali! They show you how the wonderful ingredients, set up the mood for cooking with style and flair. Each one of them get you hook and go out to the markets and buy so that you can hurry home to experiement and recreate their masterpieces. They really satisfy your belly and soul- very theraputic!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Good picks evolve! I have issues with Flay but love Batali. Do you remember the 'Two Fat Ladies' cooking show? Oh my gosh! what a great program. They'd actually go to the trouble of going to the chicken farm to select the eggs (one of a dozen ingredients) in any one of their recipes for the day. What a fun duo.

The two were characters!

Jennifer Paterson recently passed away but the passion lives on in the book "Obsessions".

Click here to view attached image.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I called Heather the winner the first night and no other person on that show even came close. The Barefoot Contessa should be hauled out into the Atlantic and left.
Steve V
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hells kitchen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL