The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Subterfuge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AndyGTheGreat
View Profile
New user
Orange County
14 Posts

Profile of AndyGTheGreat
Subterfuge- 11/10

It is basically a pk system where the ring is not magnetic and is completely examinable. It comes with an add on and a ditch so you can cleanly vanish shimmed coins cleanly.

I purchased it used for $30 and I would say it is worth $100.

The dvds it comes with are great. They even teach you vanishes and a shadow coins routine with subterfuge.

I truly do love this effect and think that every street/closeup magician should own it.
sadamspmp
View Profile
New user
Sunny Tampa, Florida
34 Posts

Profile of sadamspmp
Hi, I have this on order and hope I'm not disappointed. I'd really like to replace an item in a spectator's hand, i.e., one coin for another or "change" an item into something else. Can I do this with SMS? Also, how would you compare it to a PK ring? Thanks!
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
The swapping things in the specs hand would be difficult unless you had other special gimmicks that would also work with something like a Raven. Black Widow is the only thing out there that can swap non gimmicked items in the specs hand.

SMS can easily be turned into a pk ring, but it is more of an entire hold-out system by comparison. SMS also allows you to do dozens of different effects, most of which would be impossible to replicate with just a pk ring.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Subterfuge (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL