The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Video play trouble shoot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm just hoping someone might be able to help me fix this issue. For some reason when I play videos on my computer the video keeps pausing and jumping. For example if I watch a 30 second video I'd the screen will freeze for a moment as 5 seconds. It would stay on that frame for a second then jump to 8 seconds. Then keep pause-go all through teh video. So it's not a smooth motion.

I checked and no other programs are running (That I can see in task manager anyway) and it's not the connection because I have high speed and it also does it when the video is playing off my hard drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Jaxon,

Is this a problem with videos that you have on your hard drive, "streaming" videos from Youtube and the like, or both?
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Both. Although the videos on youtube are playing much better. I think that's because they are flash videos. But even they are jumping a little.

It's happening from my hard drive too (such as vidoes I've downloaded or made myself). Any video I open in windows media player. It's even doing it in movie maker.

Help! Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Video play trouble shoot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL