The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Out of retirement - Practically a rookie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SlackerRan
View Profile
New user
Long Valley, NJ
12 Posts

Profile of SlackerRan
After loving basic magic as a kid, I inexplicably gave it up around 6th grade. When I see videos of some of these magicians today on youtube.com and elsewhere, I'm envious I didn't stick with it. I starting to sound like I'm old, which I'm not (36), but like the handful of hobbies I've started over the years, I always wish I started sooner.

Admittedly, it is hard to not be attracted to some effects on Penguin and Elusionist, and I've dropped a couple of bucks over the last couple of months. Some like 2 Dollar Window and Ninja Rings are ones I'll continue to work on now. But like most rookies, it became obvious that I need to really focus on the basics. So I got 2 good DVD's (Paul Wilson RRTCM and Ian Kendall's Basic Coin Magic), and I will heavily focus on those for quite a while (plus 2 really cool rubber band tricks (CMH and Liquid Band). That said, magic isn't a future job for me, so if a trick looks fun to me, I'm game. Fun is what it is all about, and I'm glad I rediscovered a childhood hobby.

Bob
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
878 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Welcome to the Café Bob!!
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
It's definitely a fun hobby, and a very expensive one at that if you're not careful. Have fun along the way and welcome to the Café! Smile
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Welcome to ya! Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
You will learn tons here.

Welcome!!
p:m
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
WELCOME TO THE Café BOB
I THOUGHT I'D BETTER SHOUT IN CASE YOUR HEARING'S STARTING TO FAIL AT THE RIPE OLD AGE OF 36 Smile

Best, Mike OOPS

BEST, MIKE
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
326 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café! It's never too late to come back to magic, my friend!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café SlackerRan.
SlackerRan
View Profile
New user
Long Valley, NJ
12 Posts

Profile of SlackerRan
Mike T. - you are bordering on sensitivity, but how how about some larger font Smile It isn't just eyes - the buds in my goofy ears start slowly slipping. Contacts aren't that cheap anymore. I ready for some 38" waist wiggers to settle this and regret it. I'm a complete PHONIE! yet I lived this before. I'm into some looking for an opportunity to get some decent karma points at this point.
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Quote:
On 2006-08-17 23:05, SlackerRan wrote:
Mike T. - you are bordering on sensitivity, but how how about some larger font Smile It isn't just eyes - the buds in my goofy ears start slowly slipping. Contacts aren't that cheap anymore. I ready for some 38" waist wiggers to settle this and regret it. I'm a complete PHONIE! yet I lived this before. I'm into some looking for an opportunity to get some decent karma points at this point.

LOL

With a sense of humour like that AND an interest in magic, you're definitely in the right place. Smile

Sorry about the font size but if I increase it I have to sit so far away from the screen that I can't reach the keyboard Smile

Best, Mike
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Out of retirement - Practically a rookie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL