The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello and help in Chicago (Northwestern University) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dimodae
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Dimodae
Hello all~ I guess I've been a lurker on this site for a while now, and I think I should really use this site to the fullest and get some feedback. I've been doing 'magic' for a couple of years now, and by that I mean praciticing a lot and showing my tricks to a few friends. I own a bunch of magic resources, and I think I'm pretty good at a lot of sleights (can pull off top shot, 1 handed shuffle, sybils, kinda technical stuff with no sweat). I can do a lot of sleights, but I'm having trouble putting them together to make a good trick. I've seen magicians amaze people with simple sleights like the cross cut force, but I can't seem to think up good tricks with the sleights in my arsenal. Anyways, I was wondering if there were any clubs or organizations in the Chicago/Evanston area that people would recommend (I know I could look them up on the internet, but I want to know first-hand from people here) because I have yet to meet in person one magician who is better than me (this is not to say that I'm good, far from it. I'm just saying that people interested in magic are few and far between in my life). This might be because I haven't been going to clubs or whatever, hence my asking for suggestions. I would love to actually talk to another magician in person and learn/bounce ideas back and forth with them. Thank you all for your help!
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café Dimodae.
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Welcome to the Café Smile
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
326 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
TheWhiteye
View Profile
New user
Chicago
29 Posts

Profile of TheWhiteye
Welcome. I'm in North Chicago and I'm better than you. Call magic shops around you; they'll be able to direct you towards clubs with like minded individuals. There are a couple nice clubs around here that will help you evolve. The IBM tarbel ring, SAM ring #3 (started by houdini), and some smaller ones. They all have a different atmosphere with different types of magicians, so if one doesn't fit your style, try another one.
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Welcome on this forum. I think that creating a routine is more or less writing a story, just use your imagination, focusing on what -false- explanations you would give to what you're doing Smile
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
I recently moved from Chicago to Dayton Ohio =(. While in Chicago I found that Magic Inc. (Jay Marshall's shop on Lincoln Ave) was a pretty cool shop and on many Friday nights they have lectures in thier small store theater. The lectures often bring most of the Chicago area magicians who are hobbiest, so you might be able to network there. The guys in the shop there can also fill you in on where all of the current Chicago magic hangouts are. Wish I was there...
here and now
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Welcome to the Magic Café Dimodae.
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Welcome to the Café!

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
Hello and welcome to Chicago and the Café. We have many wonderful magic clubs in Chicago. There is the Wizards Club of Chicago http://www.wizardsclubofchicago.com/
which is the oldest independent magic club in the midwest and very near and dear to my heart. I was President for 8 years.
We also have the newest magic club Conjuror's Corner that meets out in Roselle http://www.conjurorscorner.com
which is a great new lecture club of which I am one of the founding members. You are invited to come to either of these clubs and members at them can tell you about other clubs in the area.
Normally the Wizards meet on the first Monday of the Month and the Conjurors meet on the 3ed Monday. However this month, due to scedualing problems at both clubs they are both meeting this Monday the 28th.
I would be happy to discuss either of these clubs with you. If you would like to give me a call my number is on the bottom of the Wizards website main page as it's designer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello and help in Chicago (Northwestern University) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL