The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Any users of the Shure PGX14/WH20 Wireless Headset Mic System? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
365 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Hi Gang,

Curious what you think of the included head-set itself. I know the other portions of it are strongly reviewed elsewhere here.

Thanks for reading,
AtPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I bought one a couple of months ago. I like it for the most part. I also have a Sennheiser wireless headset so I'll compare the two. I am using the Shure most of the time now because I think it does better with my voice. The Sennheiser tends to be a little heavy on the bass. (It's the proximity effect. That's where the closer a mic is to your mouth, the more prominent the bass is. Ironically, that's what I like about Sennheiser handheld mics - they don't exhibit much of a proximity effect.)

I don't have any problems with the proximity effect with the Shure WH20. I do find it's more prone to feedback than my Sennheiser but that's because it projects more mid-range and that's where I always get feedback. It's not bad but I have to be more aware of the speaker location when I'm walking. (Because the Sennheiser doesn't project as much mid-range and is heavier on the bass, I rarely get feedback even when walking in front of the speaker.)

The only complaint I have with the Shure mic is that the it tends to move more than my Sennheiser. The flexible wire that allows you to adjust the mic placement is a little too flexible on my mic. I find myself adjusting the mic from time to time during my performances because it has moved. This may not be the case on all of them.

I hope this helps.

Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
AtPG,

I bought one over a year ago and I like it also. It is fine for speech. I am also a singer/songwriter and I hoping to upgrade to an AKG mic later on for vocals. Even if I do, I will still use the Shure for magic shows. It does a fine job.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Any users of the Shure PGX14/WH20 Wireless Headset Mic System? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL