The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
MindCast is just now being released by Scott Grossberg. I didn't know whether to post this review on the "e-book" section of the Tricks and Effects" section and I opted out for here. The effect is made up of an e-book and a set of 6 professionally made cards. It is my understanding that buyers will be allowed to buy just the manuscript or just the cards or as an e-book/cards combo at a special "combo" price.

The cards are very professionally made and are laminated and will last you a lifetime. There is just no way that you can make up a set of cards as nice looking as these. Well worth the money--particularly at the combo price.

The effect as seen by the audience:

Essentially, the effect is that the spectator mentally selects one of 36 different and distinct symbols and then later verifies that she has not changed her mind--and you are able to determine her mentally selected symbol. 6 cards with six different mysterious symbol (ESP, astological, etc.) on each card for a total of 36 different symbols. The same 36 different symbols appear on the reverse side of the 6 cards but the symbols on each card are not an identical set on each side.

The cards may be shuffled and you then turn your head away as you spread the 6 cards in front of the participant and she mentally selects a symbol and you are able to reveal the mentally selected symbol by one of 4 different presentations/methodologies. The underlying principle remains the same but the mentalist has at least 4 presentation options.

Scott utilizes a very ingenious principle here and, with lots of the symbols being unusual (astrological, ESP, etc.) the presentation lends itself to a follow-up cold reading based upon the symbol selected.

For those of you that might not be comfortable with using Scott's original presentation, he gives you 3 additional presentation/methodological variations--at least one of which allows you to select the symbol without even looking at the cards as the participant mentally selects a symbol and later verifies the selected symbol.

No rough or smooth.
Nothing is written down.
No force.
No stooges.
No pre-show work.
No Equivoke.
Very flexible presentation options. (Choose one that you like or "roll your own".)
Packs small, plays big.

Very ingenious. Very strong mentalism presentation potential. An extensive manuscript with lots of photgraphs for those of us who are "text-challenged".

I really liked this effect.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Several months ago Scott demonstzted mindcast to me , mind you I am not into mentalism ,however this effect blew me away. I shuffled the cards and mixed them on the table not only did Scott tell me the selected card I had thought of but, he also revealed the synbol Stigmata Style. Yes the symbol appeared on his arm.
I checked the cards there was no wax or and punch marks nothing , zippo,
Mindcast is so baffling I could not figure out the method.. I would like to say that Mindcast is not only for the true mentalist but also for the close up card worker,Scott thank you,
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Where can one find this?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-08-22 00:23, deputy wrote:
Where can one find this?

Deputy,

I'm not familar with the sales information but I believe that Vinny might be carrying it on his website (but that it is not available just quite yet). You can contact Scott directly for information and further details. Send him a PM. He is a Café member (sgrossberg).

Hope that helps.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Deputy - Thank you for asking. The preview page for MindCast can be found at:

http://www.vinnymarini.com/product/ebook.html

I will let you know when it goes "live," which should be today or tomorrow.

Mike and Vinny, thank you for the posts. I'm glad you like the effect. I am very proud of this one and the impact it has on audiences of all ages! - Scott
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Looks pretty interesting. SOund right up my alley, I can not wait for some reviews
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Deputy - Once again, thanks for the interest. MindCast is now up and ready to go on Vinny's site. Let me know what you "think." - Scott
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
I have been enjoying MINDCAST for some time now. Scott has a real worker here. I have performed it in my recent convention here in Manila, and it was a knockout!
There are a lot of things to appreciate about MINDCAST. The methods are a joy to learn and understand. MINDCAST is something you will always bring with you. The patter possibilities are endless. You will see what I mean when you get it!

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thanks for post, Rannie. Glad to hear you are enjoying MindCast. I would love to hear about the reactions you received at the recent convention. All my best. - Scott
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Ordered it yesterday from Vinny's site. Small problem occurred and Vinny quickly responded and ensured I got the ebook. Thanks Vinny.

I have started to go through Mindcast. I can tell that I will be absorbing what is in it for awhile and trying to work it into my style of performing. I can tell at this early stage, however, that this purchase was clearly worth the price and the effect appears to be excellent.
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Gotama, you certainly got a worker there in your possesion. You are absolutely correct about working it into your own personal style. That is whats great about mindcast!

Scott my dear friend, I am very happy to inform you that Mindcast was the talk of the convention. I used my handling during the socials and it killed even the finest mentalists. What I love about Mindcast is that.... just whan they thought they know the principle....., BAM!!! I just move to the next method and the former is cancelled.

I performed it once for the main audience and thrice for small groups that night. Word immediately spread. Barely a week has passed and my mailbox if overflowing with inquiries. I send them Vinny's site.

Scott, this is far more superior that the original you sent me. Its an honor indeed to have been able to contribute to this future classic!

Oh by the way, I am having a jumbo size version made. The size of a jumbo card.

I am loving it!

More Power to you Scott and to the Famiglia as well.

Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Just an addition.... I found that by performing it again and again for different people, you will gain so much experience (as in all things), that more often than not...., you can just name the symbol right off the bat. Scott I will pm you a subtlety that has served me well.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5875 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The effect is worth considering.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Gotama and Ustaad - Thank you. I know you will enjoy MindCast. Can't wait to hear of your successes with it.

Rannie - Thanks for your support, as always. - Scott
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I do a lot of mentalism with business cards and I was wondering if it would be possible to make my own Mindcast cards with my business cards? Would there be any drawbacks to making my own?

-Matt
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Matt - The ebook download has a template for printing your own cards on Avery Business Card Stock (8371/8471). The cards, however, are double-sided so that would make using your own business cards impractical (that assumes, of course, you have your booking information on one side).

While you can certainly print your own from the ebook templates, I have been very demanding in producing the cards that Vinny will mail to you if you order the ebook and card combination package.

Others who already have this effect can attest to the quality of the cards and their professional appearance.

Thanks for your interest in MindCast. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

All my best. - Scott
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Thanks Scott, I think I will go ahead and get the cards along with the ebook. I love the way the cards look, very stylish.

-Matt
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Matt you will not be dissapointed with the Mindcast cards and you certaintly will not be dissapointed with this brillant effect.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Matt,

I ordered the cards when I ordered the manuscript. The cards were delivered within two days (Vinny - GREAT). The cards are very well made and should last for a long time. I ordered the cards because I did not want to hassle with having to make my own set. Since the manuscipt contains the templates for the cards, I can always make my own cards at a future date (if I want to or the original cards become unavailable). I would advise most purchasers to buy the cards with the manuscript unless you really want to take the time and enegery to make you own.
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-08-29 10:39, Gotama wrote:
Matt,

I ordered the cards when I ordered the manuscript. The cards were delivered within two days (Vinny - GREAT). The cards are very well made and should last for a long time. I ordered the cards because I did not want to hassle with having to make my own set. Since the manuscipt contains the templates for the cards, I can always make my own cards at a future date (if I want to or the original cards become unavailable). I would advise most purchasers to buy the cards with the manuscript unless you really want to take the time and enegery to make you own.

I agree, the cards that Scott makes are covered with a thick plastic laminate and this makes the cards practically indestructible. And Scott must be using a laser printer because the cards are definitely "sharper and brighter" than I was able to produce on my inkjet printer. The difference between the cards I was able to make and the cards made by Scott is the difference between night and day.

Add to that the time and energy to make a set and this becomes a no-brainer.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL