The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Jheff put up an interesting review on his website. The link is http://www.jheff.com/Mindcast.html

I value his opinion on products and I think his handling is interesting. It's worth checking out even if you have already bought MindCast! For those of you that haven't, what's the wait?
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thank you Jeff for your your detailed review of Mindcast/One point I would like to make is that for non mentalist like my self I find Mike's handling 1 2 punch very effective.
Mind cast is one of the most powerful routines I have ever seen and in Scott's hands it is true miracle .
Mindcast is mind blowing and should be the trick of the year it is that strong lasting . So even if you are not a mentalist like myself Mindcat is a powerfull tool to have in your repetiore,
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
I also disagree with Jheff's take on Sturgeon's handling. Just because he doesn't use it doesn't mean it's no good. I know Vinny prefers that handling and some other people do as well.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I agree!
Mike Sturgeons methodology helped me to understand the concept behind Mindcast.

Sometimes when I have several projects on the burner at once,I appreciate any information that can put me on the fast track..for understanding a concept.Thank-you Mike Sturgeon,your help allowed me to quickly develope my own presentation.

Rich
Magical Lady
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Magical Lady
Oh dear...trust me to disagree with someone as highly regarded and well thought of as Jheff! Smile

As it happens, I also very much prefer Mike's handling - and that is said with no disrespect whatsoever to Scott's original presentation or to the original variations included on handling as detailed in the first edition.

When I present an effect, I like it to be as simple, as clean, and as surefire as possible (it doesn't always turn out that way of course, but I at least like to have the odds in my favour as much as is possible and wherever possible!) *smile*

I found that in the original handling, the muscle reading ending was - for me at least - not as surefire as I would like it to be. I do openly admit to, and recognise however, that I am not good at (or practiced in) muscle reading, and so accept of course that for those who are, it may be just the most amazing reveal to this excellent effect!

Mike's handling as I see it however, gives the opportunity of offering the reveal in any manner the performer chooses - with the knowledge that whatever the method of reveal decided upon, the chosen card is known to him/her.

I don't know Jheff personally, but as I said at the outset, I do appreciate that his views and reviews are highly respected by many in the community, so I can only hope he will perhaps allow me just a little leeway when I say - if I may - that from the point of view of a relative novice in mentalism, I can't help but feel that it seems to defeat the object of mentalism somehow to actually ASK the spectator to tell you what card their symbol is on? (sort of like saying... 'can you tell me what it was you drew on that piece of paper Sir' - before actually duplicating the drawing in a Drawing Duplication?)

As to the action of turning over the cards seeming illogical, I'm not sure why this would appear so - when I do it, I simply say, 'okay, we'll turn the cards over so that I'm not able to get any indication whatsoever of your chosen symbol OR your chosen card by eye movement or anything else, okay?' and if anything that seems to reassure them that I cannot possibly know the identity of their card/symbol.

By way of experiment, having read this thread yesterday, I tried both methods on some friends last night, and the general consensus seemed to be that in asking them outright to tell me which card their symbol was on, the effect wasn't as strong.

I accept that I may be viewing this in far too simplistic a manner, and if so, I readily and gladly apologise.

(I should also point out that I mean no offence whatsoever to Jheff in this - just posting my thoughts).

As to the effect - I STILL love it!! Smile

Best,
*Magical Lady*
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
I'll go with the Mike's , "Turk" handling, with a little bit of my work on it. Mike's is the way to go.
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I have posted a handling of Mindcast at 'Inner Thoughts' here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......82&0

Best.

Rich
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
MindCast is an excellent tool for creating memorable presentations.

Using it I was able to build a routine that can play as an entire act, perfect for the psychic entertainer doing table work. It is 2 to 3 phases, depending on how you want to use it, each phase stands alone, so the routine can be completed at the conclusion of any of the phases, it can use from 1 to 3 people, it empowers them, and it builds.

What more can one ask for?

Thank you Scott.

Tony
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12559 Posts

Profile of John C
So far, Mike's handling all the way.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Scott Grossberg's Mindcast is one of the most incredible mentalist effects ever created. With Mike's ( TURK )1-2 Punch it is flat out simple to do and allows the performer to concentrate of presentation.

If you are a Magician that has wanted to add a bit of mentalism to your work, but haven't found an effect that was sure fire and at the same time knocked them on the floor, I implore you to get Mindcast and try it. You will become a true believer in this effect.

You can carry this in your wallet and always be ready to "show them something".

Here's where to order:
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12559 Posts

Profile of John C
My Mindcast routine. Works well, especially if you are a magician performing mentalism.

http://www.professionalmagicroutines.com......tine.pdf

John
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
From the reviews of this I will be getting this shortly. But I have a comment and finally a question.

I see on the order page for this a photo of the Mindcast laminated cards which look great.

I notice the word Mindcast is printed on the cards. ( and I do realize I can print up my own cards for this )

I think in this age of the internet and " Google " I now never mention the actual name or marketed name of any effect I do because I don,t want any spectator to go home after the performance and find anything about the item on the internet.( like this very thread )

This actually happened to me last year and now I am sensitive to ever mentioning the name of the effect as I do it.

After blowing them away with this I wouldnt want anyone to be able to find ANY info on it.

As another example I really liked the effect Predicta but the cards say Predicta on them so I never got them, Also I think I saw a picture of the original version of the Bazar De Magia watch Timetrix and it said just that on the face of the watch!

Am I just an uptight nit pickin magi or is this feeling justified?....Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12559 Posts

Profile of John C
I don't think that most folks even see the words on the cards or would even remember them to that extent. Much less remember them long enough to go home and google them.

Maybe I'm wrong. But if you create enough interest with the effect the words on the cards will be the least important part.

John
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
308 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Quote:
On 2007-01-02 06:56, MagicMan1957 wrote:
From the reviews of this I will be getting this shortly. But I have a comment and finally a question.

I see on the order page for this a photo of the Mindcast laminated cards which look great.

I notice the word Mindcast is printed on the cards. ( and I do realize I can print up my own cards for this )

I think in this age of the internet and " Google " I now never mention the actual name or marketed name of any effect I do because I don,t want any spectator to go home after the performance and find anything about the item on the internet.( like this very thread )

This actually happened to me last year and now I am sensitive to ever mentioning the name of the effect as I do it.

After blowing them away with this I wouldnt want anyone to be able to find ANY info on it.

As another example I really liked the effect Predicta but the cards say Predicta on them so I never got them, Also I think I saw a picture of the original version of the Bazar De Magia watch Timetrix and it said just that on the face of the watch!

Am I just an uptight nit pickin magi or is this feeling justified?....Smile

I bought the ebook, and printed my own cards. Scott provides the cards with just the symbols in the book. I printed them on business card stock that you can run through your printer. They have held up just fine. I might laminate them, but otherwise, so far so good. I didn't like the fact that they say MindCast on them. So I use the plain symbol ones and it works great.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
Performed MindCast at a gig tonight for a sharp 10 year girl ( an into magic kid) and her father. All I can say is that both of their jaws dropped. I devined the symbol by sketching it out on a pad. Nice feeling of amazment was created.
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
308 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Let me clarify my post. I used the plain looking cards provided in the ebook, and removed the "Mindcast Research Lab" from the top. You can actually do this for the colored ones as well. I just happened to choose the plainer ones Smile They don't come that way. But its easy enough to change.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hey what ever works,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Come check out my magic.

davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
I have received Mindcast and have just recently performed it using Mike's 1-2 punch handling . The cards Vinny sent me are a work of art . Very visual with a high quality finish ...my house printer could never compare to quality of the produced cards . The effect is strong and the reactions I received were more than overwhelming ( I like to perform this as a 1 to 1 performance,very intimate) I will highly recommend it to any mentalist or magicians . The service Vinny provided was TOP NOTCH . I am living in Malaysia and my package arrived in a week , plus my e-book link was given to me at the time of purchase...Yes, DID I mentioned I purchased my Mindcast on a Sunday night ?..I received the download link 5 minutes after purchase.........( Vinny you gotta get a life =) )

Great Effect and Top NOTCH customer service.Will definitely be dealing with Vinny again in the near future.

-David Lai
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi David thank you for you very kind words ....Mindcast is a wonderful effect and the cards Scott designed will last avery long time.....that is our gola here at la famiglia to give a quality product...
Mikes 1 2 punch that was added to Scotts origionl routine makes it even more possible for guys like me that are not into mentalism to want and learn and perfrom this effect . mindcast is very powerful and will leave the spectators amazed..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
The 1-2 Punch is great. What do you all say when you have to go through the cards a second time?

I always feel funny asking them to look at the cards the second go round.

I usually just pause after the first run through, say the image is'nt coming through and tell them to concentrate as I go through the cards again.

Also if you do this a second time for someone else in the same group wouldnt they find the second spin through the cards a bit suspicious?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL