The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
MagicMan1957 - PM'd you. - Scott
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-01-24 03:18, MagicMan1957 wrote:
The 1-2 Punch is great. What do you all say when you have to go through the cards a second time?

I always feel funny asking them to look at the cards the second go round.

For the second time around I say,

"Now, Just make sure that your card is on the other side too."

Since at the beginning of the routine I tell them that there are 36 symbols on the fronts of the cards. Those same 36 are also on the backs of the cards.

I actually stress this. And, since I've stressed it I make them feel good by making sure that it is in fact on the back.

When it's another spec's turn they too get the chance to verify that there symbol is on the front and back.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I couldn't stand it any longer and finally purchased Mindcast on Friday. I can't wait to make a set of cards next week and start amazing people with the 1-2 Punch method. This is a GREAT effect! Thanks Scott!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-01-28 17:57, NYCJoePitt wrote:
I couldn't stand it any longer and finally purchased Mindcast on Friday. I can't wait to make a set of cards next week and start amazing people with the 1-2 Punch method. This is a GREAT effect! Thanks Scott!

Well, after you receive it you will kick yourself in the --tt for not just ordering the cards as well. Because then you will have to wait again. Smile

John
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
John you got that right LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
the godfsther
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thanks, all, for your continued support of MindCast and your great PM's.

NYCJoePitt - I look forward to hearing your MindCast experiences. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy. - Scott
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I don't use the word "diabolical" too often when describing magic (because fewer and fewer items are truly diabolical)but I consider Mindcast as a truly diabolical effect.....the red herrings, the multiple avenues one can take, and the simple yet impossible secret all add up to make this one very fine investment in magic.

I'm practicing with the print-out cards while waiting for the nice ones from Vinny, and couldn't be happier with this purchase!
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thank you, siverking, and all the others who keep emailing me with your MindCast adventures! I am truly excited to hear what you all are doing with your MindCasting work. - Scott
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I bought this based on the rave reviews here but unfortunately I am not too pleased with it. This is largely due to the price though. You can buy PRISM for $40 and yet this one trick ebook is $30 ... I think that is overpriced.

I still haven't given up on the trick itself, I hope I can make something out of it, obviously a lot of people have. I have a couple of questions though. Some of the symbols are very obscure, so when you ask the spectator what symbol they chose are they meant to point to it? Because they would not be able to describe it. If it is a heart or another well known symbol they could tell you I guess but otherwise they would have to point to the symbol. If it is a small group of people then that maybe fine but what if it is about 10 people? Is the spectator meant to hold the card up, point to her chosen symbol and show everyone in the group?

The reason I ask is that I think this would be better if you draw the symbol, ask what symbol the spectator chose and then reveal your drawing. However, some of the drawings would be difficult to duplicate anyway, let alone doing stigmata. My dragon would probably look more like a hand! On the other hand, if you don't draw it and you tell the spectator what symbol they are thinking of first then you will only get a reaction from that one spectator because other people in the audience won't be involved. No?

The other thing is that because a lot of the symbols are not familiar to people I imagine that many people will automatically choose a symbol that they are familiar with ie one that they can describe in words. Otherwise when you ask the spectator what symbol they chose, if it is not a symbol they are familiar with they will only be able to say something like, "the squiggly one".

Please help me out...
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
You seem to be concerned about the reveal.

Stigmata, Third Degree Burn, Electric Touch for the lightning bolt, Collectors Workshop "Zodiac" for the zodiac symbols, a small clay statue of a dragon from your pocket........and on it goes.

There's no "rules" for how you play this, that's one of the nice things about MindCast. You can pretty much set your own course for how this effect plays out.

Personally, I have made this more than just a few cards in my wallet. Although I'll still carry the cards with me for an impromtu version involving JUST the cards, I also have developed a routine as described above that inolves me carrying some other items to assist with the reveal.

With my "extras", this plays far bigger than you would imagine. It becomes a cornerstone effect.
A couple of days ago I had somebody pick a zodiac symbol and I did the reveal with the Collectors Workshop "Zodiac".......blew her away!
The few times I've had the full package ready for the reveal, I prayed that they'd pick the lighting bolt! I have no idea how this might play out, but I'm guessing "Electric Touch" would be pretty darm devastating for the spec!

MindCast has some pretty wide parameters surrounding its live performance. Room for a little exploration and experimentation.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Aussiemagic - I appreciate you not giving up on MindCast and am sure it will turn out to be one of the staples of your performing repertoire. I have done an entire 30 minute segment with nothing but MindCast cards. I do suggest you re-read the ebook, though, as to the various handling options available to suit your particular style. There truly is something for everyone with MindCast.

While I appreciate your belief that some of the MindCast symbols are obscure - I assure you that the symbols are very common and touch people on an intuitive, emotional and deep level. For this reason, MindCast, in addition to being an “effect,” is also a marvelous “reading” tool (to which others who use MindCast can attest). Take the time to get to know the symbols and you will find they are not as vague as you have found them on first blush.

I have performed MindCast for one person, a moderate size and for an entire room full of people. I believe Rannie Raymundo has had a stage version of MindCast created with oversized cards. The size of the audience is irrelevant - it is what you bring to the effect/routine that matters. Don’t be a magician, be the magic!

Finally, the reveal is limited only by your own imagination. Once again, I recommend you re-read the ebook and review the numerous choices you have as a performer.

Silverking has some marvelous comments, as well. I am sure other MindCasters would also be more than helpful in solving and answering any of your questions.

I look forward to hearing of your ultimate successes with MindCast. Enjoy. - Scott
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 15:34, sgrossberg wrote:
Aussiemagic - I appreciate you not giving up on MindCast and am sure it will turn out to be one of the staples of your performing repertoire. I have done an entire 30 minute segment with nothing but MindCast cards. I do suggest you re-read the ebook, though, as to the various handling options available to suit your particular style. There truly is something for everyone with MindCast.

While I appreciate your belief that some of the MindCast symbols are obscure - I assure you that the symbols are very common and touch people on an intuitive, emotional and deep level. For this reason, MindCast, in addition to being an “effect,” is also a marvelous “reading” tool (to which others who use MindCast can attest). Take the time to get to know the symbols and you will find they are not as vague as you have found them on first blush.

I have performed MindCast for one person, a moderate size and for an entire room full of people. I believe Rannie Raymundo has had a stage version of MindCast created with oversized cards. The size of the audience is irrelevant - it is what you bring to the effect/routine that matters. Don’t be a magician, be the magic!

Finally, the reveal is limited only by your own imagination. Once again, I recommend you re-read the ebook and review the numerous choices you have as a performer.

Silverking has some marvelous comments, as well. I am sure other MindCasters would also be more than helpful in solving and answering any of your questions.

I look forward to hearing of your ultimate successes with MindCast. Enjoy. - Scott

Be the magic! I love that Scott! The beauty of performing MC with oversized cards is you get stray hits with people from the audience not directly involved. By that I mean spectators other than the volunteer. I wont go thru the details , but its in the wordings of the presentation. Indirect involvement. I got gasps here and there. When acknowledged... I would ocassionally get....."I thought of that too" kinda thing. I just take advantage of those moments and just weave them together. Sort of like..."I am picking it up strongly now... I believe 1 or two is thinking of this particular symbol as well"....

Something like that. Just to give you an idea.

Scott, see you in 3 weeks. I will have some made (the jumbo version/stage version).

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
I've performed this, I'd say, hundreds of times. I have never had anyone mention anything about the symbols, being obscure etc.

My advice is to try it. Don't dwell on what YOU think. Try it a few times and see whether or not you are correct.

I would LOVE to have a stage version of this.

Rannie, will you be creating a large set just for yourslef? I would be willing to buy the artwork if it's available.

John
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
John,

I would have to discuss this with Scott. I will bring him a few sets. If its ok with Scott, you can be assured to have one set. I never really paid attention to my costings (which I should have) as my Mind was already Casted on making one. Lets keep in touch John.

Rannie

Incidentally, I will be in the U.S. on March 15 to April 5

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 18:12, rannie wrote:
John,

Rannie

Incidentally, I will be in the U.S. on March 15 to April 5

Are you coming to Florida? West Palm Beach?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
I'm afraid not John. I'll be hanging out with Vinny The Godfather. I'll be in L.A. and San Diego till April 5. If my itenerary allows it, I would love to visit Florida. I always have fun there.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
Well Rannie, we'll leave the light on for ya! Smile

J
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Sounds cool! I'm workin on the jumbos fellas!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 15:34, sgrossberg wrote:

Scott, I'm really curious about this.. using the cards for a 30 minute segment.. I have only used it for a short effect.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
For those of you who already own MindCast, here is a skeleton outline of one of my extended presentations of the effect:

1. Introduce the MindCast cards and discuss them (as described in the book).

2. Introduce a pendulum and explain how the subconcious mind, once locked around an object, a thought, an image cannot help but react and find that object, thought or image, again. Sometimes I will use a Laws of Attraction discussion (a la "The Secret") or a discussion of sympathetic magic, as well.

3. Discuss water witches/dowsers and how they can use pendulums and dowsing rods to locate water.

4. Give a brief demonstration of how the pendulum works.

5. Have the spectator take the pendulum and demonstrate how she, too, is able to move an object with but a simple thought (a lot of preconditioning and suggestion takes place).

6. Have your spectator merely think of a MindCast symbol.

7. Lay the cards on the table and have the spectator, still holding the pendulum, locate the card that contains her symbol.

8. Reveal the spectator's thought-of MindCast symbol as described in the book (using this longer routine, I usually draw out the symbol without the spectator saying anything to me, at all).

This was certainly not meant to be exhaustive but I trust, Verricobl, that it gives you a general sense of how I use MindCast. Enjoy. - Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL