The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Thanks for that post Scott! This will surely help. I'm now thinking of other presentations like this.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-02-27 00:00, rannie wrote:
Sounds cool! I'm workin on the jumbos fellas!

HURRY!

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Got the Jumbos ready guys! I'll show them to Scott first thing!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Ok, I have worked with this effect and I think it is ok...but I still think this is WAY overpriced!!!!! And to be honest I think the effect is not that mind blowing. I am sure you will all blame my performance for that though.

Phil Goldstein's PRISM has 53 effects and sells for about the same price. Come on!!!!!!!

I showed this to my wife and she took the cards off of me and performed the effect for me. The funny thing was I didn't know how she did it! She explained to me how she did it and it seems that she has discovered a new method!!!! haha.. And her method seemed a lot easier to what I was doing! Fair enough, she wasn't smooth but she pulled it off and fooled me! I think anyone with reasonable intelligence could do the effect without the ebook. The muscle reading method is obviously an exception.

I think everyone has given this effect a good review but I can't...sorry.

Furthermore, I think 30 minutes of this effect alone would be absolutely boring! But that is just my opinion
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Aussiemagic - Thank you for your post. At least you gave the effect an honest shot and found that it was not your "cup of tea," so to speak. Better that than to have simply dismissed MindCast out of hand.

Now put the cards and the effect aside for awhile and just give the whole thing a rest. Think about what you want to accomplish with the routine and then give it another go - performing it for someone else. MindCast is an "experience" to be shared with your audience - not a pocket trick or puzzle. Give it the right mindset and presentation and you will see you have a true gem in your arsenal (IMHO).

Some on this board have seen me perform the longer versions of MindCast and can attest to the presentation "tool" MindCast affords you. I have also performed this to audiences overseas who speak little or no English with the same awed response from them as with English speaking audiences. I mention this to you only as a hope that you will keep working on being the "magic" of MindCast and not letting MindCast or any other trick/effect dictate your performance. You are the magic - not the trick!

Good luck on your continued adventure. Keep us posted on what I know will be your future successes. Enjoy. - Scott
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-03-17 13:07, aussiemagic wrote:
Ok, I have worked with this effect and I think it is ok...but I still think this is WAY overpriced!!!!! And to be honest I think the effect is not that mind blowing. I am sure you will all blame my performance for that though.

Phil Goldstein's PRISM has 53 effects and sells for about the same price. Come on!!!!!!!

That's too bad. I have found that it kills. It's one of the things I do that people are perplexed. They have a confounded look on their face and say sheepishly ... "DO it again!" and I do. I don't know how you present it or how much experience you have.

But you have to think about one thing and it's like you yourself stated: Why do so many other folks here have such good things to say about this effect but it just doesn't work or get a reaction for you? I don't know either. Perhaps you are not the type of personality that can pull off an effect like this. I would propose that maybe their are some folks that can't.

But, I can say this: I am not a bizarre or mind reading or mentalist type of personality but when I find that folks are bored of card effects I show them MindCast and it all changes. They are truly perplexed.

I had Phil's PRISM as well and sold it. There are 53 effects but just reading them did nothing for me. Maybe I didn't give them a chance to work but I don't have the time to work thru 53 effects in the real world. I like SOLID stuff like MindCast. It just works. I don't need 53 effects in the real world I only work a table for a few minutes and my set is already full. Not much more I can add.

So, to each his own but reread paragraph two. Maybe that's the case.
Anyway, good luck with your future purchases.

Oh, yea, I have also performed this to a few Polish people who spoke ZERO english. They are very intelligent folks, they are my Priests' friends from Poland. They discussed it in length afterward. They were perplexed.

John
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
I showed this to my wife and she took the cards off of me and performed the effect for me.

I don't believe for a New York minute this to be true.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-03-10 17:12, rannie wrote:
Got the Jumbos ready guys! I'll show them to Scott first thing!

Any word from on high on these yet Rannie?

John
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
John - Unfortunately, I have been out of town giving some seminars and have not touched base with Rannie, yet. I expect to see them this week and will let you know. - Scott
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Hey guys its with The Godfather. I have 2 made for Scott.

Scott, kindly send one to John. See you soon.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12588 Posts

Profile of John C
Oh, thank you Rannie! I'll put it to good use.

John "sitting by the mailbox!" Cesta
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
My pleasure John. Have fun and wow them with this great piece of mind magic from Scott!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Quote:
On 2007-03-19 13:13, silverking wrote:
Quote:
I showed this to my wife and she took the cards off of me and performed the effect for me.

I don't believe for a New York minute this to be true.

It is true! PM me and I will tell you how she did it. Veryt easy.
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's time to bring this thread back because this effect is one of the great ones.

Scott Grossberg's Mindcast is a fantastic mentalist effect. With the Café's own Mike's( TURK )1-2 Punch description, it is so simple to learn and perform and allows the performer to concentrate on presentation.

Here's the lastest link to order:
http://www.vinnymarini.com/ebook/mindcast.html
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thank you, Chris. I'm glad to read you think so highly of MindCast. All my best. - Scott
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Hi all

Been looking at this for a while.

Quick question - I am able to use a printer at work that is very high quality, do others that have the purchased cards think that a printer could do them justice. I understand that a printer is obviously used to manufacture these cards in the first place, just wondered if it was worth the extra $15...(I think) in your opinion, for the possible improved quality.

Thanks in advance

Regards to all.

Matt
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Matt - I will let others comment on the quality of the ebook, itself, with regard to the "do-it-yourself" printing aspect. The cards I have provided to Vinny Marini are laminated. If you are going to go the do-it-yourself route I highly recommend getting them laminated so they stand up to the wear-and-tear you will no doubt have from many uses of the cards! This will also allow you to carry them in your wallet without concern. Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy. - Scott
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Matt, I had mine printed with my inkjet printer. I used a textured paper, had it laminated, and it worked well. I just didn't like the manufactured cards because of the black background. But it is very well made.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Scott, Verricobl and those that p.m'd me - a big thanks for all your input on my question. Have ordered the full package and await delivery.

Thanks again all.

Matt
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
A friend of mine has this and he did it for me. My daughter who is 11 was in the room watching. She made a comment and proceeded to actually perform the effect the way she thought it was done.

Im sure that is NOT the method. Im sure my goofy friends presentation must have been way off. But it did surprise me how easily she was able to "figure" out a possible method!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL