The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Using hand drawn symbols on small pieces of parchment would be more fitting for me. Is this possible with Mindcast?

Thanks,
Mr.Skin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Mr. Skin,

You gotta love the name!

Yes, it would be pratcical to hand draw the symbols of paper or parchment. If I was using parchment, I might age everything, including the ink. The presentation would also take on a bizarrist or ancient theme.
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Thanks Gotama,

On both counts.

Later,
Mr.Skin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
The effect with 36 symbols was published in the May edition of the Linking Ring. It is called TELEPATH by Doug Canning. All of the symbol cards are there for the taking. It is a nice effect and available to all IBM members , free of charge.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 14:51, BERMINI wrote:
The effect with 36 symbols was published in the May edition of the Linking Ring. It is called TELEPATH by Doug Canning. All of the symbol cards are there for the taking. It is a nice effect and available to all IBM members , free of charge.

We are talking about MINDCAST here and not Telepath. I have been a long time member of the IBM and I am sure that any IBM member who understands ethics would not approve of your post.

Free is not always the best. There is a forum for IBM members. Why don't you promote it there or elsewhere.

I am usualy a nice guy and my peers in the community know so. I just think your post was not called for and it ticked me off! There is a venue for everything. You probably meant well, and I'll give you that. No problem! I just have to step up on this matter.

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
For those of you who have this, have you found any alternative ways to locate the person's card? Scott gives a couple of suggestions, but I don't really see these working for me.

-Matt
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 14:51, BERMINI wrote:

Bermini,

Your statement "The effect with 36 symbols..." is rather nebulous. Are you intending to definitively state that there is only one effect in the world that uses 36 symbols and that both MindCast and the "Linking Ring" effect are identical in methodology?

Do you know for a fact that MindCast is identical to the effect published in Linking Ring? Or, do they coincidentally both just use 36 symbols? Your clarification would be appreciated. Parenthetically, do you own (or have you even read) MindCast?

Scott Grossberg has no intention of selling a previously released effect. He sent this effect out to a number of mentalists ("heavy hitters") for peer review and he was advised that MindCast is an original effect.

If, in fact, it turns out that MindCast is not an original effect, I'm confident that Scott would immediately remove it from the market. (And that he'd also thank you for pointing out such fact.)

It would be very much appreciated if you can positively state that you have seen both effects and then be able to positively state that these two effects are either or not identical in methodology. Until you make this clarification, you have cast a cloud over Scott's effect that I'm fairly certain you did not intend to do.

Best regards,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Bermini - I can assure you that the Doug Canning effect which you reference, "Telepath," is NOT the same as MindCast. Indeed, I am not only familiar with both effects, but Doug was informed of MindCast before it was developed at an early stage by Robin Robertson (as he was working with me on it). Further, Doug is credited with some early thinking on this type of effect in the manuscript.

Additionally, the symbols that Doug uses are neither identical nor placed the same as they are in MindCast. Further, Doug's effect uses a marking system that is not needed in MindCast.

Moreover, MindCast is not only double-sided, the effect can be performed using either side of the cards. I think you will find that Doug's version cannot do that.

Finally, Doug's routine uses a mathematical formula. MindCast does not use that method.

Hope this clears things up. I am in Europe at the moment and may not be able to check this with regularity until I return to the States in a few weeks. In the meantime, those who are already using MindCast can testify to its uniqueness and the fact that there are no other similar methods for achieving this effect out there.

Enjoy. - Scott
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
It seems like there are always the chosen few who want to sabatoge an effect by making a negitve review...Bermini you fit the bill with only 11 posts... I suggesat you stick with the free effect..... Mincast for the true working pro or a hard core magician ...if you want to perform an effect that everyone else is doing then I suggest you join the IBM and get this effect for free,however if you want a unique idea that is mind blowing and is trully amazing then BUY MINDCAST......

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Obviously I have errored gravely and I sincerely apologize to one and all and I honestly do appreciate the constructive criticism and hope that in the future I
avoid putting my foot in my mouth. There was never any intention to harm or downplay anyone else's effect.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-09-04 10:36, BERMINI wrote:
Obviously I have errored gravely and I sincerely apologize to one and all and I honestly do appreciate the constructive criticism and hope that in the future I
avoid putting my foot in my mouth. There was never any intention to harm or downplay anyone else's effect.

Bermini,

I'm certain I speak for all the Café members that came down on you for your intial post on this thread when I say: "Apology accepted."

It takes a big person to step up publicly and admit he made a mistake. And, taking you at your word ("There was never any intention to harm or downplay anyone else's effect"), I suspect that, in your eagerness to come into the Café and "fit in" you tried to post something of value (a free trick in Linking Ring) without thinking that your post might have cast aspersions on the integrity of a very valued Café member or might have sabotaged his efforts to market a completely different effect.

Words matter. I'm certain that there are valuable lessons for all of us to learn here.

Thanks for having the courage to admit your error. Welcome to the Café. I, for one, look forward to your future posts.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
That was BIG Bermini! Thanks for coming back and clearing things. Very admirable indeed.

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Bermini - No harm, no foul! If you have any questions in the future, don't hestiate to PM me or post in this open forum. All my best. - Scott
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The godfather DITTOS that
Come check out my magic.

BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2006-08-28 22:27, sgrossberg wrote:
The cards, however, are double-sided so that would make using your own business cards impractical (that assumes, of course, you have your booking information on one side).

My business cards are blank on both sides. But as soon as I get a job I'm going to have them printed up.

;)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Billy James wrote my business cards are blank on both sides and as soon as I get ajob I am going to have them printed up....

Mindcast might get you that gig you have been looking for LOL
Come check out my magic.

MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
314 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I purchased this effect last week and absolutely love it. The ebook is nicely written with clear instructions and illustrations. Besides the standard handling, you receive three additional handlings, which is a nice addition. I did not purchase the cards as I have the means to print my own, so I cant comment on them. I performed this for my gf last night and she was blown away. After about 10 minutes she says "It has something to do with the red symbols, right?" I just laughed Smile

One question for those of us that want to make our own cards. Is it possible to get a file with the just the symbol pictures in it? I want to do a bit smaller card, with a more aged look. But taking screenshots, and trying to put the symbols in to the new cards has been a pain.

I recently started working on some mentalism effects, and this one has me hooked for sure. It is so incredibly powerful to divine someones thoughts. I never saw myself doing any mentalism work, but after the reactions I have been receiving, its like a drug addiction Smile Congratulations on such a fine effect Scott. I will definately have my cards on my at all times Smile A+++
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Scott is currently on vacation, if you send him a pm I'm sure he'll gladly help you when gets back.

I agree with you regarding mentalism effects. Mindcast is one of only two mentalism effects that I do regularly. It is really that good!
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Quote:
On 2006-09-05 05:27, BIlly James wrote:

My business cards are blank on both sides. But as soon as I get a job I'm going to have them printed up.

;)

What about performing Mindcast - After completing the effect, you pick up one of the cards and hand it to the spectator. The symbols have disappeared on one side and have been replaced by your business card information. Of course, you would need to print up both the double sided business cards and the symbol cards (on business card size stock).
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
314 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I forgot to mention something. If the thought of symbol is a basic shape, I do the reveal using the stigmata method. Talk about scaring the crap out of people Smile Wow, I love this effect Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL