The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Quote:
On 2006-09-07 15:27, MarvinSanRemo wrote:
I forgot to mention something. If the thought of symbol is a basic shape, I do the reveal using the stigmata method. Talk about scaring the crap out of people Smile Wow, I love this effect Smile

The first time I saw Scott perform this for a layperson was with the Stigmata revelation. The reaction was, of course, incredible!

Gotama,

That's a pretty cool idea. I'm working out a handling where the red icon shifts to the thought-of-icon. Just goes to show that there are plenty of ideas that can be applied to this effect...
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
KB
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of KB
I did "mind Cast" tonight at a dinner party and it went over really well.
I suggest buying the "Mind Cast" cards because they very well made.

KB.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
KB Mindcast cards are of excellent quality. I would also recommend getting a extra set, one for your wallet and one for your case..
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thank you all for the kind comments and PM's. I am truly glad you are enjoying MindCast as much as I do! I am out of the country at the moment but will respond in more detail to all upon my return. All my best. - Scott
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thank you all for the kind comments, emails and PM's regarding MindCast. I have been out of the country and have not been able to respond sooner. Hopefully the following comments address some of the posts I have now seen.

Gabelson - I sent you a PM regarding some handling options for MindCast. I am very pleased to hear that you “love” MindCast as much as I do. Let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

Mr. Skin - I originally played around with making the cards/symbols more ancient in appearance (e.g., something straight out of the Tomb Raider and Raiders of the Lost of Ark movies). While I am still intrigued by that look/concept, I opted for a more traditional (but updated) appearance so that I could claim they were modern ESP testing cards.

That being said and now having spent time in Greece, I have been playing around with converting the MindCast symbols into a Disc of Phaistos theme for special occasions. For those of you unfamiliar with this phenomenal artifact, take a look at:

http://www.lexiline.com/lexiline/lexi3.htm

There are many websites dealing with the Phaistos Disc. Just do a Google search using either disc or disk. While I haven't resolved all issues, it may be possible to created a MindCast Disc (double-sided, of course) that allows you to create a theme about ancient civilizations, recent archeological finds and what the human mind of long ago was capable of doing.

By the way, I picked up a replica of the Disc of Phaistos while in Greece. It is made of clay and is about 6 inches in diameter. It sits on a display stand and spins to show both sides of the disc. If replicated for MindCast use, it certainly has some nice presentation qualities instead of using parchment.

Billy James - Hope you've found work!!! Smile

MarvinSanRemo - I sent you a PM.

Gotama and Charlie - Marvelous thinking. I’d be interested in hearing more.

KB - Thank you.

Matt - If you need more suggestions, just PM me. Locating the spectator's card is actually only limited by your imagination. It can be as theatrical or straightforward (both from handling and performance perspectives) as you wish.

Once again, thank you all for your kind reviews and comments. I trust you will continue to enjoy MindCast as much as I do. All my best. - Scott
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2124 Posts

Profile of gabelson
IMHO, what's so ingenius about Mindcast, is that so many people are familiar with the old "Is the number you're thinking of on this card? How about this card? How about this card? Etc, etc." This COMPLETELY blows the old method (and "secret") to shreds! Any individual who THINKS this works on the old, tired process of elimination formula... will be completely stumped! I know it's a cliche, but it certainly applies here- if there was such a thing as "real mind-reading", THIS is what it would look like! And the fact that there are several different hanndlings taught, each more baffling than the previous one, is truly brilliant. Trust me- you'll carry this one with you always. Well done, Scott!

Gabelson
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Gabelson ,evertime I thought I'm had figured out the method I was wrong. this is what makes Mindcast so srong.. baffling..and one of the main reasons I have this effect on my web site..I truly believe this is the best to date
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
andrewte
View Profile
New user
Sunny Singapore
61 Posts

Profile of andrewte
Tried to get some help here.
I got Mindcast after reading the excitement posted on this thread.
One thing that is dragging me from moving forward with this effect
is that my muscle reading sucks. Even my daughter laughed at me..
For those who has this effect and not using muscle reading, can you
share with me some tips?

Please PM me if the discussion runs the risk of exposing.
Cheers.

Andy
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Andy - I received your PM. Thank you for the kind comments. I will return your PM tomorrow with some ideas and further discussion. I hasten to add that MindCast is NOT dependent on muscle reading - it's merely one method for presentation. - Scott
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Brandon - Thank you, again, for the very nice PM's. I returned your PM and followed up with your hotmail address (with images attached). I am posting this here just to have you confirm back to me that you received them and if the attachments will work for you. - Scott
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Whoah, wait a minute. You guys intimidated some new member to apologize -- when this forum wsw not created to promote new effects but to review. You're basically advertising your own product and the neophyte poster had the temerity -- and egregious error -- to cut in on the uninterrupted product promotion. I know of other ways to do achieve the same effect of Mindcast, and it's not the owner's or friends' right to limit members' free speech to discuss the merits or flaws or comparisons. Let's be less heavy-handed and arrogant, please.
fib
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Fib,

If you read page two of this thread you'll realize that the original "intimidators" (to put it in your words) have publicly told the "new member" that they realize he misspoke and applauded his response. it just seemed strange that a new member with only a handful of posts would go and try to sabatoge a thread. the reverse of course happens all the time in these threads (a new "member" giving rave reviews of effects) so it's only natural (unfortunately) to assume that the new member might be an account created to be disruptive/destructive.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-09-25 01:27, fib wrote:
I know of other ways to do achieve the same effect of Mindcast,...
fib

Fib,

Care to share any of those "other ways"?

Are you asserting that you know of other methods that achieve the same effect that is achieved in MindCast? Or, are you asserting that you know of effects that are similar to MindCast in methodology? In either instance, it would be appreciated if you provided the names of those other ways so that proper comparisons could be made.

Let me use a different example and maybe the scope of my questions will become clearer. Let's use a rope routines analogy. There are many many rope routines. but there is only one "Professor's Nightmare" concept. So when you state that you know of other methods that achieve the same effect, are you saying you know a general rope routine? Or, are you saying you know of a variation of the Professor's Nightmare effect?

Assuming that the free effect (mentioned by Bermini) and MindCast were substantially the same effect, there the similarity ended. There were significant and substantial differences in the two methodologies and which justified the release of the MindCast effect. (Scott went into some detail explaining those differences and why he considered the MindCast methodology superior to the free methodology.) In the end Bermini's generalized post was sort of like comparing a Yugo to a BMW. True, both are cars and both will transport you to your destination. But, at the end of the day, which is easier to drive and which is superior in quality?

So, in your case, when you state that you know of "other ways" to perform this effect, do you actually know the methodology used in MindCast so that you can make a valid comparison between MindCast's methodology and any of the other methodologies you state you know? Do you own MindCast or have you read the manuscript? Are you able to compare MindCast and one of those other mthodologies in a definitive manner? Or, is the best you can do is state that you know other methods that generally accomplishes the effect but you cannot specifically compare any of those methods to MindCast's method?

Since this thread is a review of MindCast AND it methodology, it seems to me that raising generalized issues about some other general and nebulous methods or effects (that might or might not be similar to MindCast) is not very productive or helpful for people that are trying to evaluate the merits of MindCast.

Just, IMHO and with the greatest respect for your opinion.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-09-07 12:51, MarvinSanRemo wrote:

One question for those of us that want to make our own cards. Is it possible to get a file with the just the symbol pictures in it? I want to do a bit smaller card, with a more aged look. But taking screenshots, and trying to put the symbols in to the new cards has been a pain.

Marvin,

If you are viewing this in Adobe Reader, can you just reduce the size of the on-screen picture (like from 100%-->90%) and then print a screen shot (maybe, with the "print screen" button on the keyboard)? I'm not certain that that would work but I have a hunch that Googleling "Screen capture software" would bring up a bunch of sites--including aome free software sites or some shareware sites. Perhaps, trying Kim Komando's site (www.komando.com)and going to her downloads pages might have just what you need.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
I have this effect. First, I compliment the quality of the materials and the excellent service and responsiveness by Vinny Marini.

With great respect for the inventor of this effect and Vinny's service I now believe this effect is essentially the same as another effect I have:

Animalogic by Alain Nu.

Animalogic uses cards containing pictures of animals, and not the intriguing signs and symbols in MindCast, but I believe both the effect and method are the same. I will now try to dig out Animalogic to confirm these beliefs, but I would appreciate any comments in the interim.

Gianni
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Gianni - I was previously unfamiliar with Animalogic and would love to hear what you discover. If it is the same as Allan's handling, I assure you MindCast was developed independently and was first examined and performed by many top name magicians (without any of them even mentioning Allan's effect). If they are the same (or even substantially similar), Allan will be given the appopriate credit in a revision.

However, having read the description of Allan's effect at World of Magic, it appears a spectator is asked to first concentrate on one of 64 images of different animals from 8 cards and then on a list of 64 words/names. It also appears the layouts for the cards is substantially different.

Again, I would love to hear what you find. - Scott Grossberg
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10255 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just purchased the e-book but the direct download link is now dead. Not happy, but hopefully Scott will read this soon.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Pegasus - I have already contacted Vinny about the situation. This should be resolved immediately. Thanks for your patience. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Service is very, very important to Vinny which is why, among other reasons, I chose to offer MindCast exclusively through him. I will continue to monitor this to make sure you are taken care of. Thanks, again. - Scott
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10255 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Scott is sorting this out now, 1 minute after posting the above thread. Now that's service. I look forward to using this soon
laurent
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of laurent
Two questions about Mindcast..
I don't try to find how it works..
Is it possible to do it again with the same spectator ?
Do we have a template of all the symbols (ready to print) if we buy only the ebook ?
Thanks
-Laurent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL