The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Yes
&
Yes
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2006-09-25 01:27, fib wrote:
Whoah, wait a minute. You guys intimidated some new member to apologize -- when this forum wsw not created to promote new effects but to review. You're basically advertising your own product and the neophyte poster had the temerity -- and egregious error -- to cut in on the uninterrupted product promotion. I know of other ways to do achieve the same effect of Mindcast, and it's not the owner's or friends' right to limit members' free speech to discuss the merits or flaws or comparisons. Let's be less heavy-handed and arrogant, please.
fib

Fib:

What you're complaining about is not relevant to what happened at all. If you re-read everything, I think you'll agree.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Laurent - Yes, you can immediatley perform MindCast for the same spectator, again. In fact, mixing the various handling methods (although you don't have to do that) confuses the spectator even more.

And, yes, there is a template of all the symbols ready to print. The template is set up for use with Avery business card stock. If you print your own, I suggest getting them laminated. - Scott
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
I really like the sound of Mindcast but reading all these posts and going to the web site, I don't have a clear idea of what the spectator sees. I understand there are multiple presentations offered but I'd like to determine how clean this is and whether it really fits with my style of mentalism. It's not clear if the spectator is asked which of the six cards contains the symbol and if this question is later repeated (as referenced in the description "then later verifies that she has not changed her mind").

-Wolfgang
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Wolfgang - PM'd you. - Scott
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Laurent- I think it can be performed over and over again. Someone did this to me several times. And each time it was done to me, I was saying some profanity. LOL! Afterwards, I wanted to see the cards.. I never figured it out. This one's a winner! Gotta have this soon.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
laurent
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of laurent
Verrico,
It's done,
and I'm very satisfied with it..
I've only adapted the presentation with a mix of the different handling in the eboook.
Great stuff, I never go without it, still in my pocket..
-laurent
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
Quote:
On 2006-10-14 13:05, sgrossberg wrote:
Wolfgang - PM'd you. - Scott

I really appreciate the prompt and information response. It's really a privilege to have such response creators on this forum! Thanks, Scott!
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
I finally got the chance to perform MindCast for a live-audience sunday evening, and this went over fantasticly. This effect is brilliantly put together with a great amount of close-detail put into the entire routine, I love the beautifully designed cards. This effect is really very powerful, nicely done Scott.

Regards,

-Erick
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hello Mindcasters Smile.
I downloaded Mindcast this AM. I am in the process of slowly reading and absorbing(and enjoying it).Even though it is very well written,I had to take a break before my brain overheated. Smile

While reading,involuntarily ideas for different presentations keep popping into my head.

Let me ask(while I am on my break):Has anyone who has used this in the real world ended with a Drawing Duplication or a PW Prediction of the chosen symbol?

Thanks.
Rich
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Rich - I used drawing duplication presentations/revelations of MindCast while recently performing in Italy, Turkey and Greece. It went over nearly as well as the other ideas in the ebook (because I was dealing with some language issues, the drawing duplication had universal appeal). Some new ideas for MindCast are being finalized/edited/written even as we speak; handling and presentation additions that will be sent out to all purchasers of MindCast free. Among other things, Mike Sturgeon has developed a NW presentation of MindCast that will be included in the supplement. Enjoy. - Scott
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you Scott.

Tony
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Yes,Thank-you from me also Scott.

For all you performers who are ordering Mindcast if you are concerned that you will have to wait for your laminated cards...fret not..Scott has made it sooo easy to print out practice cards..even I could do it. Smile

In fact the stock I printed on was heavy enough that after printing and cutting them out with a sissors,and then glueing them together with a glue stick..well let me tell you they look almost good enough to use in a performance...but I am not ready yet...still practicing and blocking.

Rich
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
I got the cards today and performed it today... for teens no less. They were blown away. I used a TT writer to "guess" the person's card. Which impressed them... then I just name the symbol.

Of course, I build it up a bit... but the TT writer worked much better than expected. And it's super quick since there's only one number.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2006-10-28 17:15, PaleoMagi wrote:
Yes,Thank-you from me also Scott.

For all you performers who are ordering Mindcast if you are concerned that you will have to wait for your laminated cards...fret not..Scott has made it sooo easy to print out practice cards..even I could do it. Smile

In fact the stock I printed on was heavy enough that after printing and cutting them out with a sissors,and then glueing them together with a glue stick..well let me tell you they look almost good enough to use in a performance...but I am not ready yet...still practicing and blocking.

Rich

Yes Scott has made it easy to make your own. Vinny's cards however are the Rolls Royce for this effect. Fit in your wallet and just perfect.

Doing the Stigmata ending is just killer. I love this effect, thanks Scott and Vinny.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
James one point
The cards were created by Scott not me I am just a venue to distrubute them.
Scott is part of la Famiglia and we work together...
The mindcast cards are a Rolls Royce of cards ....
I have not received one negitive response ,,about the cards
James thank you for you support in bringing Mind cast to the level it deserves
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Scott, any idea when the new ideas for Mindcast will be available to those who purchased it?

-Matt
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-11-03 20:31, sabitu wrote:
Scott, any idea when the new ideas for Mindcast will be available to those who purchased it?

-Matt

Sabitu,

While not wanting to speak for Scott, in talking with Scott last night, it is my understanding that the final revisions to the 2nd edition draft are being made this weekend and I would expect that the 2nd edition will be ready around the first part of next week.

Since it is a relatively simple matter to go into the data base and re-email the new version to all prior purchasers (for free, of course), Scott (through Vinny) might be able to get the updated version out to the prior purchasers immediately thereafter. That said, it might then take a few more days for the website to be updated with the new information.

Keep the faith; it is very close. (grin)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 09:01, vinsmagic wrote:
James one point
The cards were created by Scott not me I am just a venue to distrubute them.
Scott is part of la Famiglia and we work together...
The mindcast cards are a Rolls Royce of cards ....
I have not received one negitive response ,,about the cards
James thank you for you support in bringing Mind cast to the level it deserves
vinny

Wow, sorry for the confusion. Mindcast is Scott's effect. I thought Vinny had made the cards.

Anyway, the cards are great, the routine is great, it's a good bargain for the money.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Matt - You asked for it - the Godfather delivers! The 2d Edition has been sent off to Vinny and Charlie. Just to whet your appetite, "MindCast" has now been expanded with an additional 13 pages. Inside the 2d Edition ebook you will find a new handling option by Turk, new print-your-own versions of the cards and an expanded section on symbol meanings. If you thought no one's thoughts were safe before . . . just wait until you see this!

Thank you, James. I'm glad you are enjoying the effect. - Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » MindCast by Scott Grossberg (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL