We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Question about flying with a case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Also posted in the not magic but section...

So heres my question... Im looking to get a new case for my juggling show. I wanted to know what size case is aloud for check on at an airport. Ive had varing answers to the subject, I assume this is because diffrent airlines have diffrent rules... Id like to just hear about any experiences people here have had. Also does anyone know a rule of thumb of how much a larger than standered case will be charged ie. is it by the inch or whatever.

Any Info would rule

Anton
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Anton,

Here is a web site that might be useful to you or another traveler.

http://www.thokalath.com/baggage/index.php

It tells about airline baggage requirements and restrictions and suggests contacting the individual airlines about their own policies that might differ from those listed. You will find additional links to help.

Good luck. Mark.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

I acquired a catalog case from Staples a few moons back, similar to what Jeff McBride uses for his Commando Act. I've carried it stuffed full of magical toys -- minus the scissors and other obvious no-nos, and have not had a problem yet. It fits in the overhead bins of all but the short-hop jets.

Just my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV.

Joe in KC
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
Anton
I don't have as much experience as some but I have flown out of the country 25 times. (Africa, Russia. Philippines, Jamaica, Haiti, Mexico, England, Scottland....)

I have seen (paid) charges in each of these countries for excess weight and or bags. My experience has been that over sized carry on bags are taken and put in with the other luggage. On my trip to Africa my carry on was taken for the trip from Cincinnati to Atlanta (it had all of my props) and lost. It was not found until after I returned from the trip.

With the changes for carry on bags I would call the Airline and connections you will be flying for the current restrictions.

Good Luck
ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Question about flying with a case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL