The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Who's Afraid of the Invisible Thread?" by LeClair...Your thoughts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2010-05-21 20:57, mrmuji wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-20 13:00, Nicholas Sanderfer wrote:
I love it, but I prefer his book The art of invisible thread. Much more content there and very easy to follow. I use this hook up more than any other. Get the book its worth every penny.

Is the book still available?

Here you go friend. I love this Hook up. Its the ONLY one I use when I'm doing IT work..

http://www.leclairanimator.com/products/index.cfm
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Since we are on the topic, I'd like to mention the master Levitation System by Steve Fearson, the genious behing the original floating cigarette, and the one that many others have gotten their idea's from when it comes to thread work.

Not only that, but Steve also sells the strongest IT that I have seen and used, and I do believe that I have seen and tried them all. It's called Vectra. Both the Master Levitation System and Vectra can be ordered from here.

http://www.emagicsupply.com/master-levit......-43.html

I would like to also mention the Cloak, by Justin Miller. However, this is more about IET that contains very good hook-up idea's. Justin Millers hook-up idea has been borrowed by other creator's for their own effects, which obviously means that it's very good.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2010-05-20 13:00, Nicholas Sanderfer wrote:
I love it, but I prefer his book The art of invisible thread. Much more content there and very easy to follow. I use this hook up more than any other. Get the book its worth every penny.

I have the book as well and prefer to learn IT work from a book. If you think about it, it is easier to learn IT work from a book over a dvd because you can see in the pictures where the IT is supposed to be. On dvd, they bring out yarn and it just doesn't behave the same as IT. This is just my opinion. Take it or leave it.Smile
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
The Leclair video will teach you the basics of thread work and teach you them extremely well. It appears somewhat dated now due to it's age but a great place to start for guys wanting to get into the crazy (and highly frustrating!) world of IT.
IMHO guys like Yigal Mesika are the new pioneers of IT work and taking the craft
to new levels. But as always get the basics right and then put in the practice and it will start to happen for you.
TGR
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Yigal Mesika, new pioneer of IT work? Other than buying the rights to Loops, and building some nay nay reels, what has he actually contributed to IT work that isn't something that he purchased the rights to?

I'm not putting down Yigal, I'm just getting him down from the pedastal you keep putting him on. (lol)
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Just to throw in a different opinion. I just recently got both the Leclair video and Steve Fearsons Master levitation system(dvd plus props). As a newbie to thread work I personally found the MLS to be my favorite out of the two. I would highly recommend getting Fearson's Master Levitation system for anyone like myself new to thread work and then the Leclair video for different hook ups and ideas.
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I found both Fearson's hook up and LeClair's to be quite deceptive. I remember seeing both and thinking "where is the string?"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Yup! both are excellent for learning.
Magic is a vanishing art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Who's Afraid of the Invisible Thread?" by LeClair...Your thoughts? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL