The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » * Experiencing Banachek ?! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Banachek, I know you helped out in a semi-private convention shortly ago (cruelly timed just as I got my baby girl).

When is the next time we mentally challenged can experience you in action?! We all would like to have our cutlery and keys ruined by you...
Smile

/Matias
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

I have had the pleasure of seeing Banachek a number of times, from his complete show to his recent performance at Monday Night Magic. I will tell you that he is always incredible...

But just when I thought it could not get any better, I was fortunate to see his lecture at the 72 Hours Mentalism Gathering in New Hampshire in October. To hear how his mind works is even more astounding. In all of my decades of creating/performing, I must say that I have not met anyone better.

If you have the opportunity to see him, do not pass it up.

Keep the change,
Rick Maue
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Thanks guys, I blush.

I do not have any definite plans at this moment for another convention. I have been approached by the TAOM for 1995. I may make a European lecture tour. But I have something in the works that I am very excited about.

Many of you know that I worked a show with Gerry McCambridge for a while. Many also know that I lectured at the 72 hrs primarily due to my friendship with Andy Leviss.

Well.. and this is where the fun and interesting and exciting part comes in for me.

For years I have wanted to put on a convention, much like Docc Hillford, Tony Andruzzi and so on. Problem was the amount of time. I did not have time to do it by myself. Soo... Gerry, Andy and I have decided to put on an annual convention for mentalists. It will be invitation only, but those who belong to the nailwriter (www.nailwriter.com) will already be automatically invited simply because they had to pass intensive question and prove they have been performing mentalism for a while and performing it well. And that they have the knowledge as well. Sort of a rite of passage if you will.

This is very exciting to me. On the other hand, beginners will not be able to attend as we hope it to be a pretty intensive convention with a lot of knowledge shared by those in attendance. We are banding about with putting a video tape together at each convention that will sell outside the mentalist only group, sort of an annual video that would be a group disccussion on one or two topics. This would help to keep costs down each year and get others interested.

Others will have to wait and see me in Europe next summer or elsewhere as Lecturing is not really all that lucrative and is usually done more for the love of our art and sharing with others than for the money. By the way, if you are in Europe and have connections for haveing me come and lecture, please contact Scott Wells.

If you would like to see me perform I suggest you go to my web site and see when I am in your area. Visit about once a month as it gets updated frequently.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
How frustrating to check out your performance schedule and see that you were at "The Bob" in Grand Rapids earlier this year!!! I LOVE that place and have thought much about doing some "table hopping" there (but being about 50 miles away and with Michigan Winters...I'd WORRY alot about getting to and from "work"!)...but GLAD to see you're scheduled for Holland, Mi in May!!!! That's also close by and I WON'T miss you then (just gotta find out there "where and what time"!!??)
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
I think that one is the few where I am actually doing an up all night lock in for a high school, maybe I can get you in but now a days they are real strict about who they allow in .
Banachek
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
that would be great...but ONLY if it didn't cause a problem for you in anyway!!! I could always bring some of my stuff along for those that are scared by what you do!! (just sorta half kidding!!) I do have some stuff that I've "invented" or want to try out that I'd love to show you while you're this close by, maybe something could work out there?????
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Yeah, if nothing else maybe we could do lunch, remind me as we get closer, email me at my regualre email Banachek@banachek.com
Banachek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » * Experiencing Banachek ?! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL