The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Is there a price on my head (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Hello everyone,

I'm not vent but I do own an old vent doll's head. It's a 'Demon' cheeky boy head with six movents. Mouth, lip curl, eyebrow raise, eyes look to the side, and individual eye winks.

It's in pretty good condition with all the movments are working well.

I was wondering if anyone can give me a ball park figure as to what this might be worth.

many thanks Neal.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Hi Neal,
It's actually WHO made it that will make a great difference in costs. An antique figure by Mack or Marshall WITH NO ANIMATIONS OTHER THAN THE MOUTH can cost triple or quadruple or much higher than a new figure with many movements by unknown makers. Identify who the maker is and when it's made, if you can. I think that's a logical first step.
Hope this helps.

Ony Carcamo, PHILIPPINES
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
328 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Take a lot of picture of your figure from different position, especially the head. Also some picture of the control post & hands. Put those photo on a web so other can see it, then maybe I and others vents can identify the maker.

Is the head, body and hands made from wood or papermache or others?

Good luck!

Budi Ha Ha
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Thanks onykenet, The make is 'Demon'. I don't think the company exists anymore. They used to be a supplier of magic effects and I think were something to do with the 'vampire' company.

Buidihha, It's a cheeky boy head made of papier-mache with a wooden control post. your idea about the photo's is a good one. I'll see if I can get round to getting some done.

Cheers Neal.
Neal Austin

Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Or you may want to check ebay regularly. It lists several vent figures and from there you can more or less make an approximate value of your dummy head.
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
The London magic company Davenport's used "Demon" as a sort of trade name for their products - "the Demon Book Test" etc. Dunno if they made vent figures, but they're still in business. Maybe ask them.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Thanks cheesewrestler, It does indeed carry a Davenport's 'Demon' trade name marking/plaque/label. Thanks for jogging my memory about their connection with the Demon name. Very helpful. I shall follow it up.

Cheers Neal.
Neal Austin

cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Glad to help!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Is there a price on my head (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL