The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Gallo DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stilson
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of stilson
Anyone have them? If so, a review would be appreciated!
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I've not seen'm but Mike Gallo is a brilliant magician as was his father.
Steve V
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Who has them? Mike has the BEST coins through table. No hang pin ( not even the Gallo Pitch , which is brilliant ). Very easy to do and killer audience reaction.

He has losta versions, but this one is on his The Dynasty Continues.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
777 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I agree Steve. Mike is Top Notch
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Esoterist
View Profile
New user
Richmond,Va.
16 Posts

Profile of Esoterist
The New Gallo DVD's contain some awesome material. The production is very
good and compliments the effects. There are five effects on each DVD and
cover Sponge balls, Cards, Coins (of course), Pearls, Salt Shaker and balls.
As usual Mike's performances are excellent as well as his explanations.
Volume 3 also includes a real treat by including a clip of Mike's dad,
Lou, teaching the "Gallo Pitch". Mike was always a fan of my mentor, Horace
Bennett (now deceased) and his "Gallo Pearl" hopefully will renew interest
in the type of magic and routining that was attributed to Horace's style.
These DVD's represent a worthy addition to any magician's library and the
material is very usable.

Woody
Woody Landers
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
One of my favorite vieos is "The Dynasty Continues" with Mike performing and teaching. Its one of my favorite videos. Mike is an absolute superb performer and teacher. I know what he's doing, yet, I still get fooled.

And Mike isn't just a coin magician ( not that anything's wrong with that ). He's a master close-up artist.

Hre's Mike's site:
http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/GalloProducts.htm

Chris

jchiou
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of jchiou
Adding to MagicChris' comment - are there any professional coin magicians that don't do other stuff? Not David Roth - see his 3 ball trick, for example. Not T. Nelson Downs, Curtis Kam, Kainoa Harbottle, Michael Rubinstein, or Reed McClintock - they do (did, in Downs' case) cards also. I don't know about Geoff Latta.

Maybe there's not enough variety for lay audiences without other apparatus.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1134 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Jchio: I think most do other material also. Curtis Kam told me how he did have a complete coin set he does for walk-around, but I don't think he does this exclusively. It's nice to have variety. I know I do just about everything depending on the audience (ring & string, cards, sponge, cups & balls) - coins are usually what I start with as my opening effect. Mike Gallo, I'm sure, does a variety too. I'm really excited about this new DVD set by him.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Mike doesn't consider himself a 'coin magician', he just got put into that catagory when some of his material was promoted and he was called a 'coin master' or something. Mike is a great guy and a great over all magician.
Steve V
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Quote:
On 2006-09-06 12:14, jchiou wrote:
I don't know about Geoff Latta.

Latta has some of the most fun card material out there (if you like the classic pass....or palming a group of cards from the bottom of the deck with the right hand). Check out Minch's Spectacle collection as well as Apocolypse. There's also a really good coin trick in Spectacle by Latta.
jchiou
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of jchiou
Kainoa: great to see you pop in! I just sent away for Cointopia & Coins on Edge last week. I saw your stuff in Coinvention, and I'm slowly making my way through (watching and taking notes on) the Palm of Steel series. You, McClintock and Kam have a lot of ridiculously complex stuff in there. I'm looking forward to spending years trying to learn it. -Jeff
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Mike's videos can be purchased from his website..
http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/GalloProducts.htm
His snail mail address is there right under the first product.
Mike Gallo

14 Forestal Lane

West Seneca, NY 14210

These need to be in everyones library..
I have them all and will post a review in a day or so!
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
A Review of The Mike Gallo Videos...
First off, I don't make reviews on a regular basis so they won't sound MAGIC -ish or professional at that!!!
Vol. 1 of the magic of Mike Gallo
*Sponge Ball Memories - A quick and visual sponge ball routine. With a nice and unexpected ending. Some people are going to freak out because he (kind of) explains how one of the moves are done.
*Four Ace Production with O'Henry Aces - This is a really good 4 ace effect. And in O'Henry style the ending completely fried me
*Coins Across - Any coin effect by Mike has got to be good..
*Coin Penetration - This is a cool trick and will be put into MY repertiore as soon as I find the cup.
*The Gallo Pearl - This is a real piece of beautiful magic. A pearl taken out of a ring box then vanishes changes colors another one getrs produced from the same box and then for a kicker... A giant pearl appears in the box. Oh man this was awesome!

VOLUME 2
*Shakesphere - A one time marketed effect this is a very visual ball through salt shaker routine. 3 TIMES. Mike explains why he put this on the DVD and explains how to make all of the props.
*Wild Transposition - 4 chinese coins instantly changes places with 4 half dollars wrapped inside a handkerchief. His use of sound in this effect is a work of art.
*Coins to Cup - A neat version of the Gallo Pitch. A coins to glass routine that uses an interesting prop. Not what you expected.
*Which Way Wild - Okay this has to be the most magic in 45 seconds I have ever seen. You first produce 3 silver coins from a purse from then after showing your hands empty you produce 3 english pennies from the same purse. then the silver coins are put in the pocket and the 3 english pennies are (one at a time) changed into silver coins. For a killer endng the silver coins are then changed into chinese coins
*Coins and Cylinder w/ Spider Vanish - Mike has taken Ramsey's effect and cleaned it up and at the end he teaches his version of the Spider Vanish.

I don't hink the price is listed on his web site but I paid $35.00 each...
Anothe bonus is Mike is on this forum and would gladly answer any question you might have. I know because he answered a ton of MY questions.

Hope it helped
Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
And Another One.....

"Remembering the Magic of Lou Gallo"
This needs no review... But here goes

I got the privilege of actually seeing Lou Gallo perform at the Forks Hotel and can attest to the power of this move.
Mike goes into great detail explaining the move and the 5 effects are well thought out and thoroughly explained.
*New Wave Coins Across - The Gallo pitch turns this into an astounding piece of magic. The only complaint is the slight angle needed to cover some of the palmed coins. But a quick note to Mike and I am sure he would be able to fix any gliches.
*Rub Rub - a 3 coin production turning into 6 coins and then a quick coins across. Very Cool!!!
*Coins Through Table - The name does this effect no justice. The Pitch puts it in the miracle class.
*Winged Silver - Another Coins across with 3 silver coins and one copper coin. The fastest effect on the DVD and also one of the strongest.
*Coins To Purse - Self explainitory. The pitch is used in a very subtle way this time and makes it extremly clean.

Enjoy
Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
All that and Gallo still is holding back some great stuff! Dang you Mike Gallo!
Steve V
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
All the greats have deep wells to draw from!!!

Chris

Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Anyone know if there is a demo of The Gallo Pitch being performed?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I just watched them and they are great.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Well I never got to see a demo of The Gallo Pitch but I went ahead and ordered The Mike Gallo Dvd of it.I have the NewYork Coin Symposium dvd and I liked Mike's work on it.So hopefully The Pitch isn't too hard to learn and it fits my style of performing.I would have loved to see a demo of it before I ordered thought.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Rcitgo, There is nothing technically demanding in the pitch...it relies more on timing than anything else. Also, demos can be very misleading...angles with the camera could be used to advantage which means you are not getting what you are buying...then there are people posting demos with really bad technique...again, a sale is lost because it was seen done poorly when in reality...it could be very good! In other words...don't rely on video demo's...ask questions to people familiar with an item you're interested in!

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Gallo DVD's (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL