The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Just putting this out there (Lame escape gag) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Had this thought while riding on the train this morning. I have always been a big fan of the hundred foot rope escape (or any rope work)and thought this might make a funny gag for the right performer...

After being bound up with rope the performer's cell phone starts to ring. The phone can be in his/her pocket or on a table or whatever. Part of the joke here is to spend some time finding a way to answer the phone while bound. The humor is in thwe struggle of performing such a simple task. The performer may haft to open the phone with his teeth ect. Finaly he gets it open presses a button with his nose to answer and lays his head on the phone so he can talk. The conversation is as follows.

"Oh hey mom... yeah... oh yeah that's great... hey mom can I call you back....Im a little tied up at the moment..."

So basicly its a buid to the phrase "tied up at the moment" you could also add "Yeah mom you could say I'm at the end of my rope".

So this is a gag that I'm sure 99% of you will not use and probably 98% of you wont even find funny, I feel for the right performer it may make a hilarious moment.

So if any of you people find this funny or even think they might use it let me know. Id love to hear your thoughts!

Yours
"The Royalty"
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I've actually had this happen, and it WAS pretty funny. I managed to get the phone out of my pocket, contort myself into a position where I could talk, and put it back. Then somebody else called me. It lost the comic value the second time.

It would only work the way you wanted, if you have somebody on-site with you. But yes, it's a great idea! Script your replies for maximum value.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I think it could be funny as a running gag. The first call is from mom, the second is a wrong number, and it rings a third time, and the EA does not even try to answer, just makes the appropriate face with rolling eyes etc. If you can turn off voice mail, so the phone just rings and rings, so much the better.

I never thought of this, but I might try it.

For those of you that saw it, something like that happened on the set of RUSH hour II. Chris Tucker had his cell phone ring in his pocket, and it was his girlfiend or some one, and she wanted to talk to (meet) Jackie Chan. It was a very funny and real moment.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Just putting this out there (Lame escape gag) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL