The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Slippery sam tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Just a quick request for any resources for effects that use the slippery sam gimmick. I know a number of effects that use a regular ] could be performed with the SS, but I'm interested in tricks like Nathan Kranzo's melting coins which utilize this gimmick and would not be as good with a regular ]

Thanks in advance
Paul
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Steve Dusheck's Copper/Silver routine.

Eric DeCamp's "Slip-Away Coins" from his lecture notes, "Compositions of Conjuring"
Click to visit:
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I understand Dave Neighbors has a few...dozen.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2006-08-28 05:44, Curtis Kam wrote:
I understand Dave Neighbors has a few...dozen.

Nice...

BJ Bueno was supposed to have a C/S transposition coming out that was insanely visual. I would assume it used a slippery sam, but I'm not exactly sure.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Thanks guys, that gives me something to go look for.
Paul
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Are you asking about using Dusheck's "L ( half rimmed [ ) as offered in his visible copper silver coin transpo or ab"out his gaff from the Slippery Sam coin trick which comes with a copper and silver sets to manage a wonderful two handed simultaneus display coin transposition?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
absynth
View Profile
New user
Tejas
62 Posts

Profile of absynth
What is the best source for the Steve Duscheck routines?
When Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, he must not have attempted coin and card manipulations...or am I truly insane?
magicforu
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of magicforu
I also wish to know....Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Steve Dusheck can be reached via his AOL email address or by regular mail. Or if you live near Hazleton PA you can say hi in person.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Click to visit:
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Jonathan, I have the half rim ], which I thought was called a slippery sam.... I'm guessing I'm wrong on that. What does the other set you refer to consist of?

Thanks
Paul
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
I'd also like more references to use of the half rim ]. Steve Dusheck shows a quick, visual, and direct transpostion with this ] on his 'The 1982 Lecture,' available on DVD directly from him. I may be going overboard on Copper Silver transpostions, but right now am delighted to have many methods. If someone seems to suspect I have used a certain gaff, I go to another or use regular coins for a transpostion. Then I give the opportunity (w/o actually verbalizing) to examine. Maybe that is too far too, but I am trying to figure out what's best.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

You can roughly equate the L gaff with the [ used in billiard routines and go to classical sources.

There seems little use in rehashing hundred year old ideas in print when they are used with a slightly different prop... beyond that of cluttering our literature.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Thanks, seriously. What are your recommendations on beginning with billiards? I have Buckingham's booklets, but need something more easier. I've ordered Tim Wright's Multiplying Balls, but have read at the Café that he doesn't really teach so much as perform?
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

One is well advised to spend much time with general conjuring texts like Downs' The Art of Magic, The Tarbell Course, Hoffmann's "Magic" books, Hay's Amateur Magician's Handbook, The Mark Wilson Course in Magic and even Hilliard's Greater Magic before specializing.

The knowledge contained in the above books can be considered fundamental and is oft used by more recent authors without citation as the reader is expected to know such things.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Slippery sam tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL