The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Sperry's Dove Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I just saw this on Dan Sperry's website:

Dan Sperry Dove Act - Dec 2005

My daughters just love his hair.

:crazydude:
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
Dan Rocks!!!!!!!!! Erick
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You'll never hurt my feelings by saying good things about Dan. I think he is one you'll see in the world of magic for years to come.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I have seen this clip before. Dan is one of my picks for up and coming magician. He is currently out is Vegas performing. Isn't it great to see fresh performing skills? I do see a little of Sam Angelico in his character.

Rock On, Dan! Very well done.

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
DoveDaddy
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of DoveDaddy
Dan Sperry has changed his dove act, his performance music and his stage persona all for the better as evidenced by the fact that he is currently replacing Joseph Gabriel in the World's Greatest Magic Show in Las Vegas. He is killing them nightly there. Three years ago Tim Quinlan in an Inside Magic article about Dan Sperry's dove act had incredible foresight and wrote this:
"If you have a chance – even a remote chance – of seeing Mr. Sperry work, do what is necessary to be a witness to a man I am convinced is changing the very concept of Dove Magic. His is not your father’s dove act."
The full article is here:
Dan Sperry
Darrell Trammell
View Profile
New user
Chicago Illinois
92 Posts

Profile of Darrell Trammell
I just watched the video clip posted by Christopher Star(Thanks Chris)and IMHO young Mr. Sperry is right up there with the best of the dove manipulators!
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
WOW! That act was awsome, and that dove on cane was ingenious! Does anyone know if that is his or is it someone elses?

Mucho Kudos, Dan!
-Vinnie
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Vinnie:

FYI: The dove appearance on cane is a fairly standard effect for many dove acts, and has been a part of many dove workers routines. Smile
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey guys, just to clear the question up, the dove on cane that I use is my own original handeling that I've been doing for the past 6 years. I've been approached by a couple people asking if they can use it, but at this time I haven't given the gimmick to anyone else. Shimada was the originator of the original dove on cane but I'm still keeping my "hands free" method to myself for now. thanks,

dan
DANSPERRY.COM
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Thanks for the post Dan, I thought that was your handling. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

I'll give you this, Dan: the way you do it requires a whole lot more skill, time, rehearsal, etc. that most of us are willing to put forth! It is a beautiful production. Smile
Astrid
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
63 Posts

Profile of Astrid
Dan, your handeling with the dove on cane is absolutely beautiful!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Sperry's Dove Act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL