The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Psychokinetic Touches » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
First, thank you so much for taking time to contibute here. I forwarded my wife a link to your story about the Penn and Teller 'Magic Bullet' routine - we are both big P&T fans Smile

But to Psychokinetic Touches.

I just received the manuscript and the effect and method are wonderful (my wife just called to say that PK Silverware and PK Time just arrived!) As a newbie to PK Touches, I'm wondering:

1) if the seated volunteer ever says anything as you are 'cleansing' him, and

2) what alternatives you would suggest to the 'cleansing aura' presentation.

I've been performing for over 25 years and script/routine everything from the basis of my character - so #2 may seem a bit odd to ask. But I'm not a mentalist per se, and am curious about alternatives to the 'aura' patter line that have been used. Elsewhere on this forum, the idea was posted that the cleansing aura routine wouldn't play well outside of California (!). While I wouldn't go that far, cleansing aura isn't something my character would do. So I'm hoping for some inspiration to get the juices flowing.

Also, I have tried to craft this post so as to not expose the method.

Yours in admiration -

- Greg the Good, Bender of Rules
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
please send me a private email as I can not discuss method here and would not want to. And part of the question goes in that direction. However there are many ways to do the aura bit incuding not explaining it at all and just doing it. I did it that way for years and there was never a question to it. It was not until Docc Hillford pointed out it looked like I was cleaning their aura that I added it.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Psychokinetic Touches » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL