We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Most amazing escape... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Looks like this forum is dying, I want to revive it. So my question to you, is, what's the most enthusiating illusions you have performed, or want to. Let's see if we can drop some jaws!
Smile
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
What exactly is an escpae anyway? Maybe we can come up with something if we knew what it was.... I know escapes, escapology, escapist, escape but escpae is new to me, is it a French word?

BTW is that the gal in your pix. She looks different from what I remember.

X Smile
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Lloyd McDonald
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lloyd McDonald
Shawn...I believe it has something to do with an escape from the FRENCH RIVOLIER. Smile
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Ah man, you try and spark life back into a forum and all of a sudden ageing escape artists are talking trash. How do you make the url in your signature? Also, no, it's some model in the pic. There was way too much booze that night, SSSHHHH, don't let the chick know about the model, hehehee!

I'll start it off, my most death defying escape was from a mail bag filled with asps, and a cobra (named fangy), while being hung over Niagra falls in a straight jacket, chain, shrink wrap, and duct tape.
Markdini
View Profile
New user
Peterborough UK
52 Posts

Profile of Markdini
Wow, I'd like to see that! Smile You should really post some pictures of that one! As I'm new to all this I'm not sure really what mine would be. Something to do with straitjackets as at the moment that's all I know how to get out of! I'll get my thinking cap on and get back to you!

Mark
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Yeah right. Smile

My two current ones are the closest I have to death defying.

D_Z lay off the beer OK.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
Wow! You were put in a mail bag with venomous snakes and hung over Niagra falls?
That is impressive and in terms of escapes I am hard to impress. Were the snakes really
'fanged' and ready to go - so to speak.

I am new to escapolgy and my best is getting out of non-gimmicked handcuffs in four minutes... and I can get out of a straitjacket ...eventually.

I agree with the Chris Angel trash can trick that was fantastic.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Fanged? I was just kidding, I wanted to get people talking.

Here's my stats,

-Ungimmicked straight jacket 30-45 seconds.
-Handcuffs 30 seconds (Maximum Security)
-I can pick master locks with homemade picks, pm me for details on how to make shims and picks, in under 30 seconds

All this was taught to me by X-Treem, Pick up his manuscript, it's the most invaluable piece of Magic/Escapology I ever read!
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Here are my current two.

- Wrists together, bound with barb wire padlocked to the bottom side of the wrists. Full body sealed inside a double thick plastic bag containing 100 double edged razor blades, finally, locked into the trunk of a car and taken for a ride around a gravel parking lot.

- Chained around the waist and double handcuffed to a light pole, 2 bottles of pure lamp oil poured on me. A 3 min. cannon fuse is attched to my leg with a full sheet of flash paper and lit.

Yes, I have it on video.

Hey, my user name isn't just a nickname but my life Smile

X
sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
Sounds great! Where can I get this manuscript from?

30 seconds is very impressive, I was just wondering if there is some kind of record out there for straight jacket and handcuff escapes?

Okay it was a bit stupid to believe the mailbag snake story but I've already set my heart on performing it.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I believe the SJ record is about 8 sec. set by Bill Shirk.

Handcuff escapes is in the Guinness Book of world records held by Nick Jenson. You can find out more at the Guinness website.

Shawn

Manuscript will be available for download soon from http://www.strictlyunderground.com or you can email or PM me if you want a paper copy of it.
Markdini
View Profile
New user
Peterborough UK
52 Posts

Profile of Markdini
What are your personal bests?
My posey with all the hoops is 30 seconds,
my humane is 30 as well.
Mark

But saying that, I was stuck in my posey for 7 hours once!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I don't want to sound like a groupie, but X is the man when it comes to escapes. He's my mentor, and everything you ever wanted to know about escapes is in that manuscript. I had a rough draft, and since its completion, the pictures and just over all quality has improved 100 times, and it was great to start. It's where every escape artist should begin. It will make you an escape artist after an afternoons worth of study. The ties are awesome, and have a gurilla (Not the monkey, the mercenary, hope I spelled it right) esque feel to them, and the section on handcuffs would make cops scared. I am awaiting a sequel which hopefully will include some concealments, ie. his padlocks and such, and possibly some more chains and ropes.

Overall, X-Treem has written an excellent and easy to follow manuscript! BRAVO!
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
My most satisfying escape was from Lima, Ohio.

:hysteric:

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Most amazing escape... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL