The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Big Event!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Hi guys,

I had this idea whilst I was performing at my regular bar. I know it should really be posted in the escapology area but I decided it needed the expertise and advice of restaurant regulars.

This idea is for my bar to put on a very highly advertised event for one Friday night that would bring in hundreds of customers. It would be advertised that I am planning to perform a dangerous escape live in front of the crowds in the bar at about 9:00pm.

I would lock myself in a strait jacket and perform the hanging escape or the milkchurn escape or something on a stage setup at the back of the bar.

The idea is basically to bring many paying, thirsty customers into the bar and perhaps even have it featured on the local tv and newspapers, etc.

Do you recon this would work?

Feel free to use this idea guys, but please no one in the UK as I want to be the first!

Do you think the idea would be successful and look effective in the limits of a large highstreet bar?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

mat
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Yes! very good idea. Try having a series of events that cook off, every half hour. The folks that may leave will tend to stay a bit and see the next one.

Try timing the main event for a normally slow time and you will impress your employer.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Mat,
I think it's an excellent idea.
The setup is just right for that type of thing.
The right act, the right venue, the right crowd.
Let us know how you get on with this.
Keep us posted.
Sneakers
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
106 Posts

Profile of Sneakers
I'd go to see it! Specifically if you have something new -- or at least a new spin on something tried and true. The key is in the promotion though. Ads cost $$ so be sure to budget properly...!

As far as the event itself is concerned, I would say that you'll get more folks to attend if you can advertise something new and exciting and not necessarily something that has been done before.

Best of luck!
Jim Robinson
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of Jim Robinson
We did a magic show a few years ago to raise money for our club. The week before the show a magician did a straight jacket escape hanging upside down... we got a tremendous amount of publicity for our show and our club.
Robinson.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.... He to who this emotion is a stranger ... is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Thanks guys for your views. I am working a Christmas Eve lunch there so will assk the manager.

Butget should be quite high as it is a large chain of bars.

Thanks again and merry Christmas,

matthew
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
GREAT IDEA Matt.

Corey B.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Try and get the act on tape. It will be good to use for a promo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Big Event!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL