The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What has happened to www.themagicianscoin.com » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alabau
View Profile
New user
Florida
24 Posts

Profile of alabau
Does anyone know what has happened to the http://www.themagicianscoin.com site? I have not been able to order from this site. I have tried email, but have not had any responce.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi alabau,

Welcome to the café! You'll find some wonderful people here sharing loads of great advice.

It looks like the site is under construction. I also noticed there is NO contact information listed. Take this as a sign!

You might check with a trusted seller of magic like Denny Haney ( http://www.dennymagic.com ) of Denny & Lee Magic. Being a magician himself, he can be trusted and counted on for solid advice and offers outstanding customer service, standing behind everything he sells.

There are other dealers out there that you can try worry-free. Personally, I'd avoid anyone who does not even list basic contact information in the event that something went wrong.

Good luck. Mark.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
This site is working fine for me
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Alabau,
I have never ordered from http://www.themagicianscoin.com , but for what it's worth the site has a good reputation with a number of long time Café members who speak highly of the products, and of John Jurney's craftsmanship. I was able to access the site, but it appears that it is currently being updated so the main links beyond the home page were empty. Perhaps if you wait a day or so, and then try again... ?

Best of luck!
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I sent them an email 2 months ago. I have yet to hear a reply from them.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Send another email now. 2 Months is a long time and maybe the email was lost or redirected to a trash folder. Things happen.

I have never ordered from this site, however I have read tons of posts on the Café about people ordering from here and loving the coins they receive.

C
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I highly recommend the edge grip coins from http://www.themagiciancoin.com if palming does not come easy due to smaller hands like mine.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Evolve, you left the s out (magicians) ... just click HERE ....and they are updating the website.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I am one that speaks highly of them, everything I've gotten is fantastic and way better quality than any other chinese coin I've come across(even just considering the coin and not shells or gimicks!).

However, I'll also say that AFAIK its a self-run business by John, and I honestly don't know how many other people are involved with running things.

As we all know, updating a website and running a business can take a lot of time, especially if a family or other situation crops up. I don't know if that is the case but something to keep in mind, just as people do with Lassen or Schoolcraft who also can experiance downtime or run behind on things because of one small hiccup.

I'm just saying, understand if things are slow during the update process or whatever, I'm sure when things are back on track that quality and service should be as good as ever Smile
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
378 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
I also have had nothing but postitive experiences with John Jurney and The Magicians coin.

I'm sure that he's experiencing 'technical difficulties' and not purposefully ignoring us or his website. I'm not concerned. John will be back. He is an excellent craftsman and an excellent service provider.
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
I got a great product, fine service, and delightful exchange after my first order. I was alarmed to see they might be down because I am about ready to try the half-dollar sizes. Lets hope this is a temporary or random glich. Love that extra help from the edge!
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Just to be fair to Mr. Jurney, I ordered from him and he went out of his way to make sure I was please with my order. Which I was, by the way.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Also, even though running a website is a must now-a-days, some small business people just have trouble with it. The core business is what matters and you can get some pretty good gaffs there.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Has anyone called the guy to say hello and ask how he's doing?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
alabau
View Profile
New user
Florida
24 Posts

Profile of alabau
Jonathan,

I could not find a phone number on the website. I do hope that everything is O.K. I will keep trying the website.

Alabau
SlackerRan
View Profile
New user
Long Valley, NJ
12 Posts

Profile of SlackerRan
Unfortunately, I'm having issues with http://www.themagiciancoin.com as well. I ordered a set of Edge Grip Chinese Coins with shell for $54 and paid via Paypal 4 weeks ago, yet I haven't received any product/ emails, and I can not get in touch with them at all. Based on the feedback on this site, I fully suspect they are a very reputable vendor, but I wish they had a phone number on their website so I could resolve this as email is not effective.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
When going to http://www.themagicianscoin.com

It works, but I don't see contact info.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-09-16 23:12, MagicChris wrote:
When going to http://www.themagicianscoin.com
It works, but I don't see contact info.
Chris

Go to the video demo section, and you will find their email address at the bottom of the screen...and keep emailing them till you get an answer....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What has happened to www.themagicianscoin.com » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL