The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Card in a Coffin ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I aggree with Ustaad. If it has to have the box to make it work it is too much to carry around. Just a simple coffin that opens would be great. A nice idea but not a practical piece for say walk around.

Ron
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I for one am anxiously awaiting the price on this item. Too cool!!
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Yes can the book be eliminated? Would be much better without the book.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Another suggestion could be to market the effect two ways. One with smoke and the book and the other without. Two price points thus regular version and deluxe version.

Ron
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Thank you for the feedback everyone. Some sort of unit under the coffin is needed to do the smoke, animatronics and sound (a 20 second message can be recorded by the magician and played -- i.e., "Your card is in this little box with me matee ... it is the 7 of clubs .. now get it out of here" .. or some other such message. The sound is in sync with the animatronic movements and smoke. Another idea would be to have 2 units: 1 with everything .. and just a card in the coffin without animatronics, smoke or sound -- i.e., just the card that disappears. The electronics are in the box not the coffin .. the coffin unattaches from the box .. all the heat is on the coffin .. not the box. The battery in the box is rechargable and should last a LONG time for walk around .. it powers everything.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

The reasoning behind the modular design was so that a holiday specific module could be plugged into the box .. card in a santa clause, card in a easter bunny, etc.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I like it just the way it is.
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
Steve,
Have you decided on a price for 'Card In Coffin'?
Thanks,
Gigi
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Sorry,

No price yet .. we are trying to buy the parts needed in bulk to get the price way down. I did a demo at the local magic shop after a lecture by Richard Saunders ... all the magicians were really smoked by the effect (pun intended) Smile
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

** UPDATE **

We are hopeful to get all the electronics inside the little coffin. The movement of the coffin top will look far more amazing. We hope to have this out by the Detroit Magic Convention where it will be displayed.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-11-01 12:24, seskindell wrote:
We are hopeful to get all the electronics inside the little coffin. The movement of the coffin top will look far more amazing. We hope to have this out by the Detroit Magic Convention where it will be displayed.

GoodLuck Steve!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Thank you Ustaad.

** Update **
We have decided that the Card in a Coffin will be tailored to the professional magician ... people who have no trouble paying for excellent props such as QB2, Time Machine 3, UFO II because those professionals see the value in excellent items.

Card in a Coffin gets powerful reactions from laymen and professional magicians.

The card in a coffin will have a turbo fan smoker in it now that will bellow out smoke from the casket.

Pricing will be somewhere between $400 and $600.

The instructional DVD will demonstrate the Card in a Coffin by a famous magician everybody here will know.

Thanx for all the feedback.

- Steve
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Whatever happened to this? Is it still being made?
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Yes .. it ABSOLUTELY is still in the works ... probably looking at around a March 2007 time frame for the ads to come out in the major magazines. The price has come down due to an exhaustive research of parts/pricing. There are many different things that have springboarded off this concept as well.

Have a great day!

- Steve
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Forgot to mention .. we took out the voice recording .. this seemed to make the effect too mechanical .. the smoke still exists (and is smokier than ever) and the movement of the coffin box top still occurs. This effect will be marketed by ABC Entertainment and Manufactured in Clinton Township Michigan -- one of the LARGEST magic stores in the area.

- Steve
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

I have never forgot about producing the Card in a Coffin ... I have totally new electronics throughout and will soon be posting a new video. The smoke will come out instantly when you press the remote and will start the sequence of the lid spookly coming off the box .. stay tuned. The first unit was experimental and coste approximately $500 for parts .... I have reduced the parts to under $100 making this much mroe practical. I do a lot of magic and this has been my #1 effect people ask me to repeat for the people who have seen it.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Did this ever get released?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Card in a Coffin ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL