The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from New Joisy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rallister
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of rallister
My name is Bob and I am about a year into a renewed interest in magic. I really enjoyed it as a kid growing up in Chicago (remembering when I had saved a few bucks how I would take the bus downtown to visit the Treasure Chest to buy a trick or two).
Anyway, I'm 61 now and really, really enjoying magic again (as a hobby). Trying to get pointed in the right direction, I asked around (at Misdirections) and lurked at this website and have been impressed by the reading recommendations (Paul Harris A of A, Michael Ammar, and others).

At the risk of looking like some over-the-hill wanna-be, I have to ask: Is there a way that I can do magic professionally - at least part-time? I will still need to keep my day job, but I am wondering if there is a way to break in. I have heard about restaurant magic, but I don't remember having been in a bar or restaurant and seeing a magician (accept for the Magic Cellar when I was in my 20's).

I would appreciate any advice you folks have to offer. Thank you.
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Welcome to the Café Bob!

You can certainly still become a professional magician! I am sure everyone will be able to help you out with that!

Tanner
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café rallister.

Sounds like you may want to check out Jay Sankey's The Real Work on Restaruants and Bars. It's a DVD.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......95&0

What sort of trick did you buy when you were a kid?
rallister
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of rallister
MagiCanda,

Hi, Svengali deck, penny to dime, shrinking die, card penetration frame, stripper deck, break-a-part fan, linking rings, balls and cups, etc.
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Welcome to the Café Bob Smile
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
326 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
rallister
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of rallister
Thank you Magicanada for the tip, Tanner for the words of encouragement, Jeff and Mike for the warm welcome.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from New Joisy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL