The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » A Holiday Effect For You, Method NOT included » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
This my version of an old Eddie Joseph effect. I love his thinking.

I once posted it elsewhere, and sent a copy on to Teller, he liked it enough to put his own presentation together for his book, How To Play In Traffic, also available at my site. I gave them a few other things for the book too but that is another story.

I thought you would enjoy it so reposting it here in the spirit of the season! Have fun
A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Okay, I want you to get a deck of cards. It must be a full deck. Remove the jokers, in fact, throw them away..

Now remove all the odd cards this includes the Kings and Jacks.

Set the even cards off to the side in a pile for now.

Pick up the odd cards and shuffle them, now look at the top card and the bottom card and add the values together, Aces would be one, Jacks eleven and Kings thirteen..

Now set the odd cards face down to the side and pick up the even pile. Note the card at that position from the top in the deck down while keeping the cards in the same order.

In other words, if the total number of the two odd cards were 18, you would remember the 18th card down in the even pile keeping the cards in the same random order.

Now let us review the situation up to this point. The odd packet is on the table. And the even pack is in your hands face down. You have two things in mind.... One; a certain number and two; a playing card.

If I was in hearing distance I could tell you what that card is. On the other hand, I could wait until I hear from you then disclose the identity of the card. But this might take too long as it is Christmas and I have relatives to visit and I do not have time to answer all of you. I could, of course tell you right here what that card is, but then you would lose interest and not care to try this little experiment out.

Therefore I propose to do better... I shall try to find that card even though several miles separate us. I know you don't believe such a thing is possible but I shall prove it to you in the next few minutes.

Oh, I forgot one instruction; you will need a full deck to continue so please place the ODD packet of cards on top of the even cards in your hand.

Have you placed the ODD cards on top of the EVEN pile?? Good!

Now deal out in a row a number of cards face up corresponding with the total number you have in mind (the total of the two odd cards you added earlier). I am asking you to do this because I wish to impress that number deeper in your mind this number is your mystic number.

Have you got the row of cards in front of you?? As I wish you to identify your personality with mine and the cards lying in that row, please spell out my name

S T E V E N B A N A C H E K.
Lay out one card from the top of the deck on the face up cards for each letter of my name. If by chance you do not complete the spelling by the time you cover the last face up card in the row, do continue again with the first card and carry through until finished.

Done spelling my name? Good. Now look at the top card of the deck. Bet you thought that was going to be your card. No, Sir! Put it back on top it's not that simple. I have a wish for you this Christmas season and for it to come true you need to spell out the wish, deal one card as before for each letter of my wish below.

A H A P P Y N E W Y E A R

Right, now cross your fingers and think of your card. Now turn over the top card of the deck. What do you see? Don't bother calling to tell me, I know.

It is my wish for you.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thank you and by the way you and yours have a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
I know I speak for all of here at the Café when I say " I have truly enjoyed having you here and hope you can come back again"

Magically,
Mike - shomemagic -
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
wiggys
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of wiggys
Seconded - thanks for being our host and taking the time to speak to everyone (even if your picture looks like a man wearing a balaclava... am I the only one to think this?) Smile
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
As an added bonus, S T E V E N B A N A C H E K and M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S have the same number of letters!

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Happy Holidays, Mr. Shaw. Its been a pleasure, and you are a modern Houdini. A showman, professional, and a heck of a legend!
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Thanks very much, it has been my pleasure. You guys have made it very comfortable and easy to answer.

We still have 24 hrs as Steve has informed me this does not end till midnight on the 21st..

So if anyone still has any new questions I will try to answer as many as I possible can
Banachek
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Banacheck -

Did you receive my PM about PK Touches? In re-reading the manuscript, I believe it answers my concerns but I'm not sure.

- Greg
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
sorry Greg, I will go look, I have been trying to spend time here as much as possible rather than reading personal pm's so please understand if I do not get to you till tomorrow. That way I can spend more time to answer your email in a more personal way after giving it the consideration it deserves
Banachek
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure if I sent my PM correctly or to the right address - its my first PM on this forum Smile

- Greg
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
The Eddie Joseph effect reminds me of his MAIL MENTALISM. Been a long time since I've seen it, so I'm not sure.
I want to add my thanks to all the others for being the Café Guest.

Gene Nielsen
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile It didn't work! Smile

But thanks. Smile and
have a Merry Christmas. Smile Smile Smile

Mya
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
You got it in one Gene.

Maya, it has to work, either I was not clear in my instructions or you made a mistake by accident. Sorry either way
Banachek
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
I'm sure it will work, I'll have Steve help me with it. That's his job after all that's why he's the magician.

Mya
Smile

Merry Christmas Smile Smile
and Thanks for being our guest. Smile
You've been great. Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Smile

it was my plesure Mya, thank you for all your help and work here
Banachek
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile It works, it works! Smile

Steve showed me how it works, I mean got it to work. Smile

Thanks. Smile

Mya
Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » A Holiday Effect For You, Method NOT included » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL