The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PayPal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Hey there magic people,

I have just recently started having problems with PayPal. They won't accept my clients credit cards or, they will accept a deposit on my web page but when I (1) either request $$ or (2) they go to send me $$ (via Paypal.com), they have problems.

I just recently lost a gig because of PayPal not working. Has anyone else (besides Frank and I) had this problem? If so, did you find a fix?

JIM
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Were you having these problems after they verified there was no problem?

Was the account temporarily locked due to a dispute or charge back?
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
No lock at all. I've been using PayPay to get a deposit from my clients for over a year. I just recently started "requesting" $$ or having my clients to to the payPal site to send me $$ with no success.

JIM
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Jim,
I have nothing good to say about PayPal and wish you luck in dealing with them.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I had mine locked for a couple of days during a charge back dispute which I wasn't even aware of! That angered me when I found five people had tried to purchase (send money via paypal) and were able to do so but I couldn't move the money to my account! Nice how they allow money to go in but not be handled by the account holder! Matter cleared and everyone was happy.

What does paypal say about your problem as this may not be on your end, or paypal, but the user?
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Thanks Jerrine. Smile

Randy, I haven't contacted them yet as I just got back from vacation and between perfroming and getting caught up with my paper work, I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. I thouught I'd put it out on here first then take it up with them later.

JIM
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-08-30 22:03, Jerrine wrote:
Jim,
same here
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
230 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
I've been using Pay Pal since 1998 and never have had a problem. Don't know what to tell you.
Doug
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
As a buyer PayPal is great - as a seller all I can say is beware their terms of service - they are unlike any other company that you will ever deal with, and it is balanced in their favor completely. They can freeze your paypal account and drain your bank account and you can't do anything about it at all for at least 6 months, and then you will be lucky if you get your money back. I suggest opening a separate bank account just for paypal - do not allow them access to your main account. Also- never let any money sit in paypal for very long - always withdraw it or transfer it to your bank account asap, and then transfer it from the bank account you set up for paypal in to your main account that they do not have access to. People will say that they are better now that eBay has taken them over, but I disagree completely - they are the same company they always have been, with even worse terms of service now.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Marvello, I haven't heard of PayPal having those kinds of problems since they were bought up by eBay. Back in the old days, yes.

My personal experience with them is strictly as a buyer, but I do have a business account with them.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Paypal's operational structure is primarily geared towards merchandise related transactions. Although they do allow services related businesses to use their system, it is these types of businesses that experience the bulk of the problems with PayPal these days. If you are in fact a Verified business user with a Confirmed bank account, the problem you're experiencing is most likely related to their automated fraud detection system that has flagged your account for some stupid reason. You should check your e-mail account that Paypal has on file as there should be an automated message directing you to take some kind of action to prove that you are a legitimate business. Regardless of any e-mailed instructions, I recommend that you take the ridiculously long 20-40 minutes from your life to call them and wade through their "customer service" process to get the issue resolved.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Don't try to fix thic via email - PHONE THEM. 402-935-2050. I have always had courteous and efficient help on the few occasions I've had to call (short wait times, too, even though it's not toll-free.)
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 00:32, airship wrote:
Marvello, I haven't heard of PayPal having those kinds of problems since they were bought up by eBay. Back in the old days, yes.

My personal experience with them is strictly as a buyer, but I do have a business account with them.

I am sorry to report that this still goes on despite the change in ownership. I had a legit business, and used PayPal quite a bit, and without notice, and for no real reason they froze $1500 of mine, and told me to get it back I would have to jump through about 8 hoops, and then after I submitted all of the private and personal info they wanted (which was outrageous in my opinion), then I would be subject to a credit check (at my expense) and if they didn't like my credit report that they would keep my money. Does that sound fair to you?
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
It is very simply what happens when an entity gets to do banking stuff and not be regulated like other real banks.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 02:58, rossmacrae wrote:
Don't try to fix thic via email - PHONE THEM. 402-935-2050. I have always had courteous and efficient help on the few occasions I've had to call (short wait times, too, even though it's not toll-free.)

Ross,
Thanks for the advice and phone number. I think I'll be calling them in the very near future.

JIM
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Yes, Thanx
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ross is 100% correct...ALWAYS call. They are courtious and efficient and there has always been a short wait time. Using the eMail contact is a waste of time (literally) and effort.
Been using PayPal for many years...they charge too much but then what is too much when it's convienience I'm paying for.

How about adding this number Ross:

1-888-221-1161
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-08-30 22:03, Jerrine wrote:
Jim,

Holy cow! my instincts were right!

I have always avoided getting a paypal account, preferring money orders.

Problem is, like on ebay, some idiots INSIST that money orders are apparently not a viable form of payment, because they will accept NOTHING but paypal. Well, DUH!!!

I think they are stupidly cutting their own throats.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
I used PayPay mostly to get a retainer fee from my clients. Paypal just cost me a show last week because my client could only pay by CC and PayPay wouldn't work for her.

JIM
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
And the plot thickens!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PayPal (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL