We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Crones Claw (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3367 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Hocus-Pocus.com has this item from Magicurios. Anybody have a review for this one?
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
446 Posts

Profile of scolman
I am the guilty party that made this. Its pretty new, several have been sold in the past few weeks so I guess we'll have to wait for the reviews. Constructive critisizm is always welcome at MagiCurios.

Basically, the crones claw magically removes a card from the pack whilst its trapped inside a glass display cabinet.

If you need any more info just give me a shout.

Simon
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3367 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Sounds cool, Im looking forward to a review!
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Yes, I also interesting with that.
Scolman, would you tell me from what material is the claw made?
thanks...
CC.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
446 Posts

Profile of scolman
The claw is real. Its the claw of a Grouse. Its bound in a silver and amethyst or citrine. I use the grouse claws in the Soothsayers Talon as well. They are such creepy but beautiful things they just lend themselves to the bizarre.

Simon
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3829 Posts

Profile of The Curator
In my huuuuuuge collection of traditional magical artifacts, there is a Songay hunter magical costume, with various fetishes. One of them is a eagle (or vultur) claw. This amulet gives the wearer a very good vision for hunting.

http://www.surnateum.org/English/surnate......ebig.jpg
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hi Curator, I have seen your costume, really cool. Do you have the photos of your other magical artifacts? Please email it to me at ssucahyo@yahoo.com

CC.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3829 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Most of the photos are on http://www.surnateum.org
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Thanks Curator, will check it out...

CC
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I have check your site, great collections and great site design. Visiting your site make wider knowledge for me. I always interesting with such thng like this.
congratulations....

thanks,

CC.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3829 Posts

Profile of The Curator
And the Collections are far greater than what's on the site...
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Wooow, I wish if I can see it personaly.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2006-09-13 10:46, The Curator wrote:
And the Collections are far greater than what's on the site...

Are you living off a massive trust fund or something ? Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Mystification
All this time and still no review? C'Mon, Somebody has this, don't they?
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I just got mine and I must say it is "awesome." It does take some practice to make it look "right" but it's beautifully made and easy to set up and perform.
I'll post a review after I've performed it for some friend.

Magicurios is not online right now but should be next month. Simon makes beautiful props perfect for bizarre magic. I have a few others from magicurios and one on the way. This stuff is amazing.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
446 Posts

Profile of scolman
Thanks for the kind words JALen.
We decided to take the store off line over the festive season, as a creator of magic apparatus I find I have to allow time for the new effects to come through.
We've started putting up pics of the new apparatus already so if you go to the website you'll be able to get a feel for what's coming early next year. We've got magical African masks, Faberge eggs, crystal balls and more coming soon.

Our banner will be back up on the Magic Café by the beginning of January again as soon as the store reopens officially.

Simon
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Finally...a review!!
Combining sleight of hand, BA, beautiful props and spookiness...is CRONE"S CLAW from magicurios.com.
Contents include a pack of mini tarot cards, a grouse claw, a glass case on a nice base, detailed instructions and story on parchment paper and a heavy black velvet cover.
The case is glass with a mirrored back and copper framing around the top. The base is made out of wood and is nicely stained. The tarot cards I received are Rider Waite and of the mini variety. The heavy black velvet cover looks great in candle light and should strike some curiosity as to what's under the evil cloth. The grouse claw is a brouche (spelling) and can be slightly manipulated and is the reason I love this effect so much.
If you're nervous about sleight of hand Simon's instructions should erase any doubt for this effect.
The effect is as explained on the magicurios website but some things to note. You probably want to have it set up prior to the performance and candles make the effect stunning. It's very simple to perform and the props add sooo much to this. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!! Also, magicurios are very collectible and Simon, along with a few others could be responsible for a new age of sorts, for bizarre magic.
I know this review isn't really a review but all I can say really is that this is awesome and is exactly as is described on the website. Now, everybody send Simon some money Smile

PS - I won't give away the secret but if you want to know anything else PM me.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
446 Posts

Profile of scolman
Next to Timpeace, this effect has been our biggest seller to-date.

I love the Grouse claws too, they just lend themselves to a bizarre performance. The first effect I ever created at MagiCurios was called the "Soothsayer's Talon" - based on the story of the Warlock of Oxford, and used a grouse claw that divined the identity of a spectators chosen semi-precious stone. This one used to freak people out as well because the claw would spin around on its own (without being touched).

There are probably a million other stories that go with these beautiful pieces of jewellery. I'd be glad to hear them, who knows maybe there could be a series of grouse claw effects?

Simon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Crones Claw (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL