The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Amazing Jumping Arrow! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Just received it and spent the night learning the moves. Does anyone else own one, and might what your opinion be? I feel it is a great alternative to the Hot Rod and similar effects. Smile
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I think it's a really great effect, it's a lot of fun to play with & I love how visual it is.

Smile
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
jumping arrow is great, i have it on me always and the suplied routine is very easily learnt although it is nice to just do parts of it.
Another great paddle trick which I use regularly is "I'll start again". A large black wooden bat, you draw 3 x's on one side and on the other side with a piece of chalk and perform a very visual and entertaining routine by rubbing of the x's and having them reapear or jumping from one end to the other. I have actualy gotten away performing this on stage quite a few times and it is very noticable and just as enjoyable.It is a winner and if you don't have it then look into it.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I've got the AJA and I love it. Work the "circuitry" off the arrow into your patter and it kills with adults. I prefer the Kennedy dream paddle with children.
Yakworld.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
I also like the Jumping Arrow. On of the best paddle tricks available.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
I think the all time best paddle trick is the number two pencil. There is absolutely nothing in my mind that can beat it. It is great for walkaround!
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Heres a "killer" ending for you fellow Amazing Jumping Arrow performers out there in magicland. When you get to the part of the routine where you are showing two arrows on both sides of the paddle, pretend to shake the arrows into your free hand as you close it into a fist then immediately show the paddle blank on both sides. Pause for a second then throw the arrows back on and show them on both sides again. This is my personal climatic ending to an already killer routine.

For those who love the Amazing Jumping Arrow. If you want to see a paddle that totally slays all paddle effects, check out "The Baffle Bat" by the California Novelty Co. @ http://www.calmagic.com/ I love Mark Jenest with all of my heart but "The No. 2 Pencil" is a total joke compared to this paddle.
ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
I have the AJA, and it has been a killer effect for me in walk around. The hot rod doesn't get nearly the reaction as the arrow, and I like the fact that you can hand it out in the end. Unfortunately for the AJA, I bot Chance Wolf's "Shattered" recently, and in my opinion is the ultimate paddle effect.

I still use my AJA periodically, but it is tough to keep up with "Shattered"

Jeff
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Thought I would wake up this thread.

I have been a lover of paddles for a very long time going back to when I first started buying magic as a young boy. I still enjoy them and they tend to be one of my go to props because they are so easy to carry around and I enjoy performing them.

AJA is a fantastic prop/routine and can even fool magicians who know paddles. It has that HEY, WAIT A MINUTE moment on at least one occasion.

One thing I can suggest if I may is that you should take your time performing it. I have seen demos where the demo is rushed which can lose the spectator and then they will not follow the magic which is taking place. So, slow and steady like dance moves is the best way to present this clever effect.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I have the arrow but I don't have the instructions. I'll have to figure out my own routine as I've always wanted to use it.
vkochetta
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of vkochetta
I know this is an old thread, but I would have given my question this title....

I'm thinking about getting an AJA.... but I have read here, and perhaps elsewhere, that a presentation using this by Allan Hayden was particularly effective.

Does anyone know if there is a video online of him doing this.... or if he wrote up his handling anywhere? Most posts about it are quite old, but speak quite highly about it.

Perhaps Allan taught it to you.... do YOU have a video of his handling?

Thanks for blowing the dust off of this topic and giving it a thought.

--- Vinny
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

It looks like it is sold out everywhere and possibly discontinued. Bummer! How in the world did I miss this paddle anyway? I love paddles!!!

Anyone know where some stock of these exists? If you do, please share that information with me. Thanks all!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

By the way, I am looking for BAFFLE BAT. I should have mentioned that. Thanks again!
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2023, Magical Moments wrote:
It looks like it [AJA] is sold out everywhere and possibly discontinued. Bummer! How in the world did I miss this paddle anyway? I love paddles!!!

Anyone know where some stock of these exists? If you do, please share that information with me. Thanks all!

See link below.

https://tntmagic.com/products/amazingju?......EALw_wcB
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The Amazing Jumping Arrow (Mark Young) and performance video is found at:

https://www.mymagic.com/p/close-up-magic......-k-young
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Thank you Deckstacker but I am looking for Baffle Bat. I referred to AJA in error.

By the way, there are copies of AJA out there so be careful. You want the genuine item and it is readily available.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
For a moment I thought you were talking about the "Crazy Compass" ...
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

That one has been on the market for many decades in a variety of forms. Interesting but not quite a paddle.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I've performed this for decades it's one of my favourite paddle routines.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Amazing Jumping Arrow! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL