The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where I can get an expanded Shell for the Silver Eagle Dollar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TimBecker
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of TimBecker
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get an expanded shel foor the Silver Eagle Dollar ( the big one made from silver with a walking liberty on one side and an eagle on the other side ) ?

Thanks a lot for your postings !
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Todd Lassen, Jamie Schoolcraft and I know Aukke Van Dokkum has them on his site which is http://www.cupsandballs.nl

Hope this helps
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Be careful I heard that these gaffs are very delicate due to the grade of
silver used.

Most silver coins use "coin grade silver" which will take some punishment while in circulation... Eagles are not coin grade silver... So the coins and even more so the gaffs are not going to take as much punishment.

However they are beautiful coins...
Shawn.
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
376 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
FYI:
Walking Liberties are HALF dollars.

Most Dollar coins have an eagle on the back. The ones used by magicians are designated by the names: Morgan, Peace and Eisenhower.

Half dollars are designated in this way: Kennedy and Walking Liberty.

These are the common coins used by most magicians and available by most bulk gaff manufacturers and the few custom manufacturers.

Check this site out... http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/Coi......lash=yes
I never knew there were so many different coins out there... I like the 5 dollar coins!!
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
Actually, he is describing the silver eagle correctly - it has liberty walking on the face of the coin Smile

btw - these coins dent/ding too easy for my tastes; I doubt their the best candidate for a [
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I love the Silver Eagles, but they are 99.9% investment grade silver, so they are more delicate than standard 90% silver circulating coins.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
376 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
Well... I stand corrected!

I assumed that he meant Walking liberty halves. I just did a search on "Silver Eagle" dollars. Wow they look a lot like walking liberties. But made with more silver...

I bet you'd be hard pressed to find any gaffs in these since they're so collectable. You'd have to buy them and have them custom made by Jamie or Todd.

Interesting. You learn something new every day!
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Lassen has 4 shells up on ebay right now...

Shawn
Shawn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where I can get an expanded Shell for the Silver Eagle Dollar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL