The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Stage Show Effects? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
I am working on getting together a stage show with mentalism mixed in with some hypnosis. What are some good stage mentalism effects to start out with?

Smile
Coming soon... Who knows!
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Before I could answer that question, I would have to know what type of character you are portraying, funny, serious and so on. I would also have to know what level of expertise you possess and how long you have been performing.

I think these questions are real pertinent whenever anyone asks such a question for numerous reasons. The major one is the fact that magic is so easy to come by. Maybe we should try to keep a little of the magic secret. Especially any new technology or effects.

For instance there are groups, usually with mentalism and escapes, where you have to prove your experience and knowledge before you can join. I think in most cases this is a good thing. On the other hand, we all have to start somewhere but there are plenty of standard effects that one can start with to get experience and knowledge to become original and move up.

As a result, I certainly would not want to insult your experience by pointing out effects that are basic, and on the other hand I would not want to insult your lack of experience by pointing out things that are beyond your grasp if you are a beginner.

Hence the reason to have certain questions answered first. ON top of that, due to the range of performing experience it would probably be a bad thing to post certain ideas and routines here due to the reasons mentioned.

Sorry I did not answer your question; hope this all made perfect sense. And please, this was not to insult anyone. In fact just the opposite was my intent, I was trying to show understanding.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
I understand it completely, if you want we could do this in a PM. But either way, I've ben performing for almost a year and a half, I've been doing hypnosis for about that long. I have done all closeup work so far. I am trying to expand a little to see if the stage is the way I want to go, I know with mentalism, the stage is a great plce to go. I've been learning a lot about NLP recently I have wonder words Vol 1 and a booklet from a friend which was written very well if I might say. But my character is more of a serious almost spooky one. I always wear all black when I perform. There is a small bit of comedy mixed in, I do more comedic things when I do my hypnotism. So I guess you could say I would have a small character change during the performance. I consider my skill level to be imtermediate to advanced. I have been told before that I advanced rather quickly from when I started over a year ago. But overall, I guess the main reason I want to do a stage show is to expand myself some to see if that is the direction I want to go in. I hope that helps some.

Smile
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
please pm me after this hosting forum is concluded and will help if I can
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
I will do so.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Stage Show Effects? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL