The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Two New DVDS from Simon Lovell-Packet Killer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Ryan Matney
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Ryan Matney
Anyone heard of this yet? Magic Makers has just released a new two DVD set of Simon Lovell performing about 40 tricks using gaffed cards. All fully credited. Each set includes a full deck of gaffs too!

I just got copies for my shop in and they look like a really interesting list of effects. Ton of stuff and a lot I'm not familar with.
www.pocket-tricks.com
The Close-Up Magic Shop
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I really Like Simon Lovell. He's very funny and a wonderful magician!

Here's what's on them:

DVD 1
Four Odd Backed Cards
+ Oliver McKensie Drink Trick Variation
+ Simon’s Namer Effect
+ One Handed Bottom Deal Force
+ Jumping Jacks

Wild Card (With Complete Routine)
+ The Glide
+ Face to Face Rub Change
+ Double Lift Change
+ Elmsley Count
+ Mexican Turnover Change
+ Hamman Count

Million Dollar Monte
+ Ken DeCourcey Routine
+ Simon’s Multiple Top Change
+ Double Back Card Switch
+ Cut Switch
+ Six Card Turnover Switch

MacDonald's Aces
+ Regular Laydown
+ Super S Vanish
+ Bob Elliott’s Vanish
+ Half Pass Vanish
+ Double Turn Vanish
+ Run Up Through Cards Variation
+ Piet Forton Pop Out
+ Simon’s Version

Parade of the Kings
+ Original Version
+ Scratched Corner Ploy

Switched Cards
+ Simon’s Transpo

DVD 2
Princess Card Trick
+ Card in Pocket
+ Blank Card Bluff

Double Backed Cards
+ Same Both Sides Switch Technique
+ Trick that Fooled Houdini
+ Simon’s Give Me The Mayo
+ Blues Sisters
+ Perfect Force
+ No-Palm Card to Wallet

Same Both Sides Double Facer
+ Open Prediction Variation

Double Face Cards
+ 8 Card Brainwave

Multiple Cards Printed on a Single Card
+ Side to Side
+ Top to Bottom

Card With Partial Red Back on Blue Back
+ Sneaky Monkey in the Middle Variation

Half 7C's & 5H's on Face Card
+ Double Your Pleasure

Blank Faced Cards
+ Elmsley Count Production
+ Half Pass Variation

Each set includes a Packet Killer deck. A full deck of gaffed cards! 2 DVD set and full deck of gaffed cards
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I seen the deck and it rocks! Just about every gaffed card I could think of is in it. But the best part is Simon teaching tricks with all the cards! If you're a card man (or woman) you gotta get this!

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King

Ryan Matney
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Ryan Matney
I managed to get the clips of the DVD up tonight. You can download the trailer for PACKET KILLER at the link in my signature if anyone is interested.
www.pocket-tricks.com
The Close-Up Magic Shop
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Will they make these in Red Bikes too???.....
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
It would've been nice to see less talking and more demoing on the demo clip. The demo raved, but didn't deliver. Now I have to wait and see what the Café reviews will be...

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
These look good.
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Yo; I just picked this up yesterday from my local dealer.
I had jumped around on the discs, but have watched all of the work on Simon's transpo. (variation of twisted sister) I really like this, it makes sense and is very well thought out and explained, definately a keeper.
The Mc Donald's aces section is very good and very well explained as well.
The Oliver McKensie drink trick variation is good, but personally I liked the original, just my opinion.
The one thing that did bug me was the use of lapping to get rid of a gaff, does anyone really lap cards today? I thought with the title being packet killer that all of the tricks would be in the hands packet tricks.
Bear in mind, I am not complaining, just mentioning my thoughts and opinion.
I still have to watch all the rest of the material, but for what I have seen so far, I got my money's worth already. I am very happy with the package, the material, and the cards are first rate.
I think Simon and Magic Makers have a real winner here, and it is nice to see that credits were given along with history, makes it complete.
S.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I too would be interstead if available in red bike that is the ones that have backs
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ellusionists "Army OF 52" has the birlliant Justin Miller performing for real people in the real world. This might be like the Rudy Hunter ( Magic Makers ) vs. Paul Wilson's ( L&L )Royal Road DVD's.

I love Simon's work, but I don't sit and perform very oftern and this may have been put together to jumnp on the Eluusionist band wagon with their gaff deck DVD and deck.

Just a thought.

Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
MagicChris,

This has certainly not been cobbled together to jump on anybody's band waggon. This project has been in development for nearly 18 months and I'm very happy with the end result. I never rush things preferring to take the time to try to get things as right as possible within limitations of time and costs.

I hope others will enjoy it too.

Steve the only reason I lap some cards here is show how one can clean up the effects easily. For in hands walk-around you can easily palm away the required cards or, indeed, just put the packet away! Glad you like what you've seen so far!

Simon Lovell
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Simon, great to hear from you. Thank you for the timeline on the project and I appologize for wrongly speculating it was released quicklyto compete with the Ellusionist project.

Simon, can folks order direct from you?

Chris

Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
No problem Chris, I guess it was just one of those weird coincidences that happen from time to time. I actually have no idea what's even in the other deck or what effects are shown on their DVD. I follow a golden rule of never competing with others only competing with myself (that way I always win!).

I will have some of the product myself soon and it will also be available from Fantasma Magic in NYC as well as other dealers!

Stay well,

Simon
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Simon, I checked and the effects taught on both DVD's are completely different.

I'm extited to see your version of the MacDonald's Aces plot.

Best,
Chris

martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Simon;
Congratulations on a job well done. I just finished watched both DVD's all the way through, great material, and your additions and tips are worth every penny and more.
I also would agree with Steve about the transpo, not only good, but a stand alone item that should have been done seperately.
All in all, to quote the gals in Carson City "Best Bang For The Buck" (You'll get that, even if no one else does)lol.
Take Care Simon, and again A Great Job!
All the Best
Marty
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Just couldn't believe Simon would rush something to market... he's just too serious about his magic.

Tom
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
If the lemming is unleashing more choice cuts then I'm in.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-09-02 19:48, martini wrote:
Greetings Simon;
Congratulations on a job well done. I just finished watched both DVD's all the way through, great material, and your additions and tips are worth every penny and more.
I also would agree with Steve about the transpo, not only good, but a stand alone item that should have been done seperately.
All in all, to quote the gals in Carson City "Best Bang For The Buck" (You'll get that, even if no one else does)lol.
Take Care Simon, and again A Great Job!
All the Best
Marty

Marty, did you lend your creative genius to the gaff deck?

Gang, IMHO, Marty Grams makes the BEST gaff cards. Crisp, clean, works of art,each and every card!!

http://www.martinismagic.com/Contact.html

Chris

martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Chris;
Many Thanks for the kind comments. This deck was one of a few that I worked on for Magic Makers. I am very happy with what Simon had done with the routines and the explainations, not to mention the Simon Lovell tips and added bits.
I have been waiting for this deck and DVD's to be produced now for a long time. When they arrived earlier in the week, I sat down and watched them from start to finish. One word describes this package....Superb!!
For the price, this is one of the best bargains to hit the magic market in a long time. Keep your eyes open for the next deck coming out just prior to Christmas.
All the Best
Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Two New DVDS from Simon Lovell-Packet Killer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL