The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Virtual Soundman vs. iCue2 vs. MP3Tech/ShowTech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I can't remember which is the "WHITE" button, but it should be the PLAY button on the remote. Once everything is plugged in and powered up and you do that, the blue "sync" light should blink.

Steve
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
354 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Ok as of today, Sept 19th, 2008 it seems the http://www.virtualsoundman.com site is dead. Does anyone have any information on this? Has the company gone out of business?
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I just got an email a few minutes ago that said they were taking orders for the new icue2's at the $499 rate for another week before they get the next batch out. So who knows?!?
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
530 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I have seen two places on the Café that say http://www.virturalsoundman.com is down but it works fine for me.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Hit refresh
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1602 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
"Sorry, 'www.virturalsoundman.com' does not exist or is not available."

Ouch!!!!

That's weird. When I click on FunnyClowns link..it comes up. But when I click on Tim's link, I get the above error.

I get it. Tim spelled it wrong. Smile

Never mind.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Try http://virtualsoundman.com/ That worked for me.
Dennis Michael
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
530 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
Oops, sorry for the mis-spelling.
berrysr
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of berrysr
There is a new system on the market called DigiSelect that seems to do everything these other systems will do but cost a lot less, currently ~$350. There is an ad in the June 09 issue of Magic Magazine and you can download a 15 day free trial version from http://www.interfaze.net. I use it for my hypnosis shows and it works great. Runs on my own PC so I can create hundreds of different playlist
THE HYPNOTIST
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of THE HYPNOTIST
I use the Digi Select, I purchased it a year ago when it first came out. I took the free 15 day trial the offered then. It worked great. I perform around the country and it was so easy to jump on a plane with my laptop and have my complete show with me. If I'm doing a simple office party I operate it with the pocket remote. At my stage shows my sound man uses Digi Select to control all our sound and lighting. I've own most of the other system on the market a one time or another and payed thee time as much, but Digi delivered the biggest bang for the buck. If you looking for some thing affordable you cant beat it.
magicguy22
View Profile
New user
Canada
32 Posts

Profile of magicguy22
Dear Hypnotist...does the DigiSelect fade the current track out? or does the sound cut abruptly when you hit stop.

Please let us know!
berrysr
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of berrysr
It does allow you to fade on stop
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Yikes DigiSelect is $350.00.

It does things WINAMP does for Free.

Why don't people do a market survey before
they release software.

G0THIKE
berrysr
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of berrysr
I looked at the MP3 tech and the ICUE2 which cost $1,200 +. I saw the WINAMP but it looked complicated. I know it is possible to use a MIDI keyboard to control lights and trigger sounds. It just depends on what you are looking for and how easy it is to manage.
berrysr
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of berrysr
It also doesn't look like WINAMP does DMX lighting. You have to have a thirdparty pluggin and hardware? Has anyone tried this setup and gotten it all to work? I would be interested in knowling more!
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Berry,

Winamp can be taught in less than 10 minutes. Itunes is more complicated.

Winamp has a free third party plugin to control DMX lights. You do have to buy a open source dmx box for about $60.00. Actually you need some type of hardware for all the dmx software in the market.

I can also safely assume the average magician is not going to be worried about intelligent dmx lights.

G0THIKE
berrysr
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of berrysr
Yeah I think that is the difference. The shows I do are larger stage shows with Lights, lazers and Smoke machines and I need it all coordinated with music. I need to be able to control all this from a small remote to fade my lighs and music on que. Digiselect was designed specifically for this type of show. I did download the WINAMP and could see that it might be able to provide some of this functionality just not as easy. - Thanks for your feedback
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
We should probably break this discussion out into different threads, based on the solutions people are looking for...

VSM Q&A
iPod solutions
Computer/Laptop solutions
Wireless Wizardry Q&A (this should get a topic of its own, since Kerry started it all!)

Jeff
THE HYPNOTIST
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of THE HYPNOTIST
Sorry for not getting back with you magicguy 22, I am currently on tour, so pretty worn at the end of a night. Not much time for internet browsing. But it looks like BERRYSR answered your question anyways.
In response to g0thike , Im happy that winamp worked for you. But I do this for a living and perform in the corporate market. I use professional equipment and management tools to make sure I come off looking like the pro I am. When I need service, professional companies like Interfaze Tech are there to offer solutions. Im not mixing and matching home use softwares together to make some management system and I'm not mounting house fixtures to pvc conduit to make my lighting system. Beside at $350.00 digiselect met all my needs works every time and has a tech to answer all my questions. But that why some people make 350 a show while other make 12,000 a show. Wana be a pro act like a pro, buy professional equipment, purchase an appropriate wardrobe, keep your props looking new. Just advice from one pro to another there is always going to be people out there that are stuck at the 350 range, elevate your self. Think professional.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
THE HYPNOIST,

That home use software (WINAMP) has been in development since 1997, with over 80 million users worldwide.

Interfaze Tech recommends a credit card style remote to control the software.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Edge-MEAP01......00BZ1O22

If anyone for some reasons wants to use that remote with WINAMP. All you need is to create a script.

http://www.autohotkey.com

G0THIKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Virtual Soundman vs. iCue2 vs. MP3Tech/ShowTech (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL