The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Virtual Soundman vs. iCue2 vs. MP3Tech/ShowTech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I have a Question,I bought a magic estate recently and in it is a showtech,with ankle switch and sony MD player.I needed a power adapter to go with the player so I went to Radio Shack and bought one.I needed to get MD disc's so I went to Best Buy to find disc's,the lady looked at me like I was crazy,she did'nt have a clue what I was asking for.So I went to the local music store and they had MD discs.the man told me that using MD's was old school,now everything is computers.Finally my question- Is the Showtech out dated along with some of the above, mentioned in previous posts. I want to use this but am alittle discouraged.thanks
Michael
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Having used the showtech for nearly 10 years I would say it is out dated. Currently I am using the mp3tech and I am using the media star as well. THe showtech was great but it simply did become old school as the tech. got better.

Ken
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Eyes of Darkness
Are there any current systems that work with an Ipod? I currently have 120 different shows programed into my Ipod and MP3 Tech is simply too limited.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
You do 120 different shows??
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
The media star is not limited. But WOW 120 shows? I applaud you. I can barely remember the three that I do.

Ken
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Those are the "regular shows." I have some odd ones that I don't keep on my iPod because it would become too cluttered (YEAH, I know it sounds crazy).
It would take a lot of work to convert to the Media Star and I really don't want to lug a lab top around with me.
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
MP3 Tech is not that limited, you can program 9 different shows per SD cards, ya know the discs about 1 inch square, and 1/8 inch thick, so for 120 different programs, you need just 14 little cards, you switch them out as needed.
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
MP3 Tech is not that limited, you can program 9 different shows per SD cards, ya know the discs about 1 inch square, and 1/8 inch thick, so for 120 different programs, you need just 14 little cards, you switch them out as needed.
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

I'm not going to carry 14 cards around. With an iPod, the whole thing is compact and self contained.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Those who use the MP3 Tech or Media Star can appreciate what it does. Those who don't can't and will never now the difference. This is quite apparent after 9 pages of posts starting with the difference between the MP3 Tech and the iCue2, the latter which is now sadly nowhere to be seen. I started with the Mini Tech and would still be using it if not for advancements in technology. If anyone needs more than 9 pre-programmed shows, it takes but a couple of minutes ( if even) to program a show with the MP3 Tech. I would think rememebering 120 different shows would take much more work. BUT, whatever works for you is probably the best system.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Virtual Soundman vs. iCue2 vs. MP3Tech/ShowTech (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL