The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Dai Vernon's TRIUMPH (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Sep.01/06

What The Audience Sees:

'Wow, this week Jamie had a deck of cards and asked us to select one. We did, and then we put the card back into the deck. However, instead of just shuffling the cards, Jamie mixed the cards so that there were cards face down and some face up, all in a pile. He then waved his hand over the deck and all the cards were facing in one direction (down) and our card was face up in the middle! Amazing!'

How It Went:

Well everyone, I hope you had an awesome August! I'm back from my writing break and thought I should start off with a bang, so I enlisted the help of the Professor today. There's probably no need for me to tell you how it went because I'm sure everyone's performed Triumph, or any one of it's million offshoots, at least once. If you haven't, go out and do so. It's truly fantastic and should be on everyone's 'Need To Know' list.

Best Lines

'Dude, that's craaaaaaazy!' -I agree. It is crazy.
'Wow! You're amazing!' -this is always a better compliment than 'That's amazing!' and always makes me happy.

Angry Bob Rating

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

Probably a 4/5. You shouldn't be fooling any magicians with this but the lay public should have no idea.

My Rating:

This is actually a hard one for me because this was in my act for years but has since been dropped because, and this is only me, I have found ones I prefer. A few years ago and I would have said 10/10 but now I have others now that get that, so let's say 9/10.

That's the funny things about reviews/ratings. They'll not only be different for every single person, but the reviews will change within the people themselves. Ask me next week and I might change my answer. If you actually read this Column then I hope I can impart that one piece of information: Don't listen to what I say, or what anyone says for that matter. Try things out for yourself and give it an honest go. Then try it again later. And again later. You'll often find yourself changing as much as your magic-hopefully for the better. Smile

The JDG Tip:

I'm not going to be so bold as to offer a Tip on this one. Take your vitamins.

Closing Thoughts:

It's good to be back and I look forward to another year of Magic Fridays. I'll be doing some stuff that's been with me forever, and some stuff that's pretty recent. I will promise, though, that I won't perform anything that's not Work Ready. When I perform something for a Magic Friday, please be confident that I've put the work in to it, and that I would be prepared to perform it at a paid gig.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Dai Vernon's TRIUMPH (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL