We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How to find a good personal manager? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Hi guys,

Any tips you would have for finding a personal manager? It seems like it's very hard to find somebody who wants to manage magicians in general... Where do I look? Any ideas??? Thanks!

Bond...James Bond
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Usually... Have a "KILLER" Show that is working and you'll have to beat em off with a stick! (They are attracted to success and the possibility of success!)

I have had managers as well as been a manger for several individual acts over the years... though very lucrative for me and the acts I handled, it's as much or as little as the investments (Time, Talent & Treasure) YOU put into it.

It also depends on the market you are going after… to each their own too often as well.

Start with a few "good" agents... work allot and get lots of experience and you will be in more of an “attractive position” to woo real managers.

Too, you can get a hold of old copies of management lists and try n' shop for one, but I personally don’t know anyone who has actually had success in this way, though I 'suppose' it’s possible. (on that one I am guessing.)

I have only seen professionals get 'picked-up' by way of a strong, commercial product that is already out there making headway in the industry... but hat is just my experience. Others may have something different to share. (I hope)

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Get yourself to the point that it is advantagous for him to want to manage you.

In other words you need to be a cash cow. Funny how you will find as you go on, money seems to motivate many people.

Then once you have one watch very close. I mean VERY close. Sometimes they don't really save you as much work as you may at first think. It is a lot like restaruant ownership. If your not there, someone is probably stealing from you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Ohhh Danny... he knows of what he speaks.

Like I said, "some" managers are only as good as the investment YOU make in them.
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How to find a good personal manager? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL